x
Admin

Q&A with the Customers team: How can we meet your business branding needs?

Hello Seller Community — we were glad to host this Q&A session on March 15 focused on business owners who are looking to take their brand to new heights with Square.

Joining us for this discussion was @skhan, a seasoned product manager on the Customers team. With her prior experience in branding and strong seller empathy, Sarah understands the challenges that come with managing branding features, such as adding logos and customizing receipts. She and her team are working to enhance the branding experience, and they want to hear from you!

Have a look at summary post an replies below for more information on what's top of mind for both sellers and product team members.

computers-room-storagepng_Medium_res.jpg

Note on account-specific questions: For your privacy and security, we are not able to address issues related to specific account status details in our public forums. If you need account assistance, please contact the Customer Success team and they'll be able to take a deeper dive.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 1 of 144
143 REPLIES 143
Square

Hi @fourleggers - This is good feedback. We are always listening for ways to improve email marketing and appreciate hearing why you are using a separate CRM program. We are working on improving functionality and each instance of feedback, such as this, helps us determine prioritization. Thanks for chiming in!

Sarah Khan
Message 127 of 144
Super Seller

Ohhhh this is going to be an interesting discussion.  I would like to see a little bit more customization and being to able to add forms or additional information to our emails.  I would also like to send out targeted automated sms to new first time clients or clients who happened to be booked with a new nail technician to receive valuable feedback.  Can’t wait to see what others come up with 🙂

Message 128 of 144
Square

Hi @Stacelyn24 - Thanks for joining the discussion and sharing these ideas!

Sarah Khan
Message 129 of 144

My biggest issue with Square is that there are no self help tutorials. I learn better by watching a video or having instructions and doing the task. Sometimes the customer service people know no more than I do and it is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING! Why don't ya'll do that??? it would keep some of us from getting exremely frustrated and wanting to give up on Square all together.  

Message 130 of 144

I would like to have more control over how the services are displayed. I would prefer that they are displayed by category. I would also like a text box where I can state what each category has in it or why to choose from the category. 

Message 131 of 144

If you had a newsletter service, I would use it. I currently have to copy and paste the emails from my customers in Square over to Constant Contact. It would be easier and less cumbersome if you offered a similar newsletter service, perhaps with a small subscription fee to make it worthwhile. Like $5 or $10/month?  Just a suggestion.

Message 132 of 144
Square

Hi @ProsperityPools - Thanks for chiming in on this! We offer Square Marketing which will allow you to send email and text message campaigns to sellers. Have you explored using Square Marketing?

Sarah Khan
Message 133 of 144

I wasn't aware of this! I will definitely check it out. Thanks for your reply. 😄

Message 134 of 144
Beta Member

Branding-related task that take too much time to complete

1. Developing a brand strategy
  2. Conducting market research
  3. Creating a brand identity (logo, color palette, etc.)
  4. Developing brand messaging and tone of voice
  5. Creating marketing materials (brochures, business cards, etc.)
  6. Designing a website and maintaining it
  7. Creating social media content and managing social media accounts
  8. Conducting PR outreach and managing media relationships
  9. Creating and managing advertising campaigns
  10. Measuring and analyzing the effectiveness of branding efforts.
Message 135 of 144
Square

Hi @stashcandleco - Thanks for sharing context on these time intensive tasks. We are always listening for ways to give sellers time back once they have established a brand identity and it helps to hear about the many steps sellers go through so we can consider where Square can make things better.

Sarah Khan
Message 136 of 144

I would like to know the names & email addresses of the customers that are making the payments. 

Message 137 of 144

Hi there, first great initiative to request our feedback! Truly appreciate that.

Square is an amazing platform but there are still a lot of work to do to make it incredible.

My question is about the ''stories'' section on the website.

Can we please have the ability to make the title, sub title... in H1, H2, H3...? Currently, everything is set on one format.

I'm always creating new content everyday to attract more visitors, try to rank higher on google, basically improve my overall SEO (and I know you never answer question about SEO), but my question is specifically on the setting on our square website, we need to be able to put our stories section in H1, H2, H3, H4... Format and not only the same format for the entirety of the article or story created please. If not I feel like all of our efforts at creating new content won't go anywhere because we will not get noticed in the millions of websites out there.  Stories can be an amazing tool but need to be tweaked in the back end for us to stand out a bit more.

Thank you very much.

Message 138 of 144
Beta Member

Thank you for this opportunity to ask some questions. We would like to see the ability to set up employee groups for specific discounts to automatically ring up. Where we could assign certain products a certain discount and when ringing up a certain employee the system knows to ring up that specific discount and there is no way to override this. 

We have an online store and we would like for there to be the ability to set up parameters to not stack discounts.

If a customer uses rewards we can set a minimum spend amount or turn loyalty on or off specific items or days online.

Message 139 of 144

Hello, we are an operating vineyard and winery. 

First of all, we are also desiring more ways to get creative with square marketing. We would love more text options and sizing options, more options for spacing in between marketing materials that we add to to the campaign(like how far apart things are ..etc), and having the potential to resize pictures to push them to the left or right to create a different design. 

Secondly, we are having some trouble with outreach and wanted to see if any other food/bev businesses were having the same issues. 

We will have people who come and purchase things and get their receipts immediately to their inbox, but when we send our marketing campaigns to certain groups of people they don't go immediately to their main inbox and people say they aren't receiving our emails. So we are trying to figure out if square has any recommendations or any other business owners. 

Message 140 of 144
Square

Hi @gvwine - Thanks for the feedback. We are always listening for ways to improve Square Marketing and your thoughts on this are helpful. Here are some improvements coming to the Marketing template design editor in 2023 that may be of interest to you: including video and GIF blocks, adding more fonts and font sizes, and more options for images & image layouts.

Sarah Khan
Message 141 of 144

I agree

Message 142 of 144

I need help redesigning my website so that I can use my domain.  If someone can help me find the designers on Square, it will be greatly appreciated!

ZukaraBeauty

Message 143 of 144

Hi, I would also like to add that it would be great if we could access the Marketing section on Mobile. It would be really helpful to create quick text and emails on the go! 

Message 144 of 144