x
Admin

Q&A with the Customers team: How can we meet your business branding needs?

Hello Seller Community — we were glad to host this Q&A session on March 15 focused on business owners who are looking to take their brand to new heights with Square.

Joining us for this discussion was @skhan, a seasoned product manager on the Customers team. With her prior experience in branding and strong seller empathy, Sarah understands the challenges that come with managing branding features, such as adding logos and customizing receipts. She and her team are working to enhance the branding experience, and they want to hear from you!

Have a look at summary post an replies below for more information on what's top of mind for both sellers and product team members.

computers-room-storagepng_Medium_res.jpg

Note on account-specific questions: For your privacy and security, we are not able to address issues related to specific account status details in our public forums. If you need account assistance, please contact the Customer Success team and they'll be able to take a deeper dive.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 1 of 144
143 REPLIES 143
Beta Member

It’s the little things that people notice most! This would be a great feature for square to enable. It’s unfortunate that the coders in Sqaure and Weebly can’t address a simple task such as this. Might have to look elsewhere for my email marketing then. Thanks for the reply though, overall square is amazing!

Message 85 of 144

How can I get more customers for weddings/events/corporate

Message 86 of 144

I would love to be able develop a consistent letterhead that I can use with all square related invoices and non square related emails and electronic correspondence. Looking forward to learning more, thank you !

Message 87 of 144
Square

Hi @McBride - Thank your sharing your thoughts with us! We are currently exploring ways to support sellers with the ability to manage and express consistent and cohesive branding across all customer touchpoints and it's helpful to hear this letterhead suggestion.

Sarah Khan
Message 88 of 144
Beta Member

For myself, marketing has been sitting on my to do list. But that’s where it’s been.. I struggle in this area because of the time it takes to create this. I’m becoming pretty efficient in Canava but again it still takes me awhile. I have nothing on square with my letterhead and so forth. To be honest I haven’t had time to really sit and look at this. I would love opportunities without outlandish cost and time to be more creative.  

Message 89 of 144
Square Champion

Purchase the templates on Etsy premade for Canva- they are affordable and customizable.

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 90 of 144
Square

Hi @DLRosenberg - Thanks for posting this suggestion!

Sarah Khan
Message 91 of 144
Square

Hi @Aprilruest - Thanks for sharing that time and cost play a role in your decisions. We are always listening for feedback on streamlining things to save sellers time.

Sarah Khan
Message 92 of 144

I agree with most of the comments. 

The heading of the email marketing is just not pleasing to the eyes and very limiting to what we can do. 

Message 93 of 144
Square

Hi @ATTMassage - Thank you for this feedback! The ability to further customize the header banner and logo format is TBD, however, we are also exploring partnerships with popular image editing tools that many of our sellers use, to make it even easier to import custom created images/banners. Each instance of feedback further helps us determine prioritization as we continue with explorations on how we can improve things.

Sarah Khan
Message 94 of 144

I love everything square has to offer. I appreciate that square is always looking for ways to improve. As a very busy individual I dont have a lot of free time. Square does a good job at helping with Branding and logos and what they offer I trust!!

Message 95 of 144
Square

Hi @blitzfreestyle - Thanks for this positive feedback!

Sarah Khan
Message 96 of 144
Beta Member

I do a lot of marketing by text. I have a hard time with the restrictions. I would absolutely love to have the ability to upload even one photo of my product and send it via text marketing message. Also, it would positively impact the frustration I have over the restrictions on the number of characters when you're using emojis. A picture speaks a thousand words, as they say... 😁

Message 97 of 144
Square

Hi @cidercat - Thanks for sharing feedback on issues you are facing with text marketing, and for the reminder on the value of pictures.

Sarah Khan
Message 98 of 144
Beta Member

Thank you for reaching out to your customer base for their input. 🙂

It would be great if Weebly/Square offered similar design features that comparable website builders offer. Adjustable margins and/or custom sectional layouts instead of cookie cutter options would be amazing. This could really help businesses set their branding apart from the thousands of other websites that use a variation of the same layout. 

Shop All Feature

I would appreciate another layout on the initial Shop All page. I'd prefer not to have 60 items appear on this first page. It would be great to see a layout option that showcases categories on that first page, or an option to showcase sales or special features that our business offers. 

Weebly Site Options

I like that you can upload your own fonts. This is a great branding tool. I'm not as thrilled about the color suggestion options. I understand that they are there to assist us in creating a readable website, but they are colors that do not work well with my branding. 

Bugs

I have run into some buggy issues with Weebly. Sometimes my prices randomly show up as $0.00 only to show the correct price on the detail item page. Occasionally I will have items that have been removed from my inventory still appear on my Shop All page.  When I arrange my categories directly from the Weebly site, they often are mixed up, or show categories that I have deleted. I have had much better success editing categories from the Square Dashboard. 

Thank you for your time!

Message 99 of 144
Square

Hi @homespundrygood,

Having more design flexibility is top of mind for the team. You can expect to see more controls for certain layouts in the coming months. We are making these changes incrementally because of the way the editor works - it requires us to do a bit of foundational changes before we can unlock even more options.

For shop all pages, we're in the process of adding layouts and you should expect to see more options in the next couple of months. A category layout is also in the works - though that will likely take a bit longer due to how categories are built.

The editor is somewhat restrictive with the color options in order to adhere to accessibility standards. However, you can make your own colors available in various sections by adding a secondary color to the Site Design > Color panel.

And thanks for reporting the bugs. We’ve shared them with the relevant teams.

Message 100 of 144

I would love to see more features with Email Marketing. The ability to add video and different templates to choose from would be great. I am now getting into Text marketing as well so we will see how that goes. Getting emails into the inboxes is always a challenge but my open rate is really good with Square. Been using it for many years now. Just need more features. 

Than you

Message 101 of 144
Square

Hi @Puresthetics - Thank you for this feedback! We have some improvements to the Marketing template design editor in 2023, including adding Video and GIF blocks, adding more fonts and font sizes, more options for images & image layouts, etc. 

Sarah Khan
Message 102 of 144

Great news! I look forward to exploring the new features. 

Message 103 of 144
Beta Member

Would love to have more flexibility when it comes to using our Noodle Cuts logo throughout Square.  I find it very time consuming to have to create different sizes so that it properly displays in emails, online site.  If there was some type of "cheat sheet" available to help me reference image size that would be awesome - I'm not that techy so I find it hard sorting through the online help for support.  Would rather spend my time fulfilling orders.  LOL  I'm excited to participate and learn!

Thanks! 

Carreen @ Noodle Cuts

Message 104 of 144
Square

Hi @Noodle_Cuts - Thank you for this feedback. We try to keep our support pages up-to-date with dimensions and will take this into consideration to find ways to provide better “how to” support for logos.

The product team is exploring improvements for logo support in the future to find opportunities to give time back to sellers and help logos work more efficiently across all customer touchpoints.

Sarah Khan
Message 105 of 144