x
Admin

Q&A with the Customers team: How can we meet your business branding needs?

Hello Seller Community — we were glad to host this Q&A session on March 15 focused on business owners who are looking to take their brand to new heights with Square.

Joining us for this discussion was @skhan, a seasoned product manager on the Customers team. With her prior experience in branding and strong seller empathy, Sarah understands the challenges that come with managing branding features, such as adding logos and customizing receipts. She and her team are working to enhance the branding experience, and they want to hear from you!

Have a look at summary post an replies below for more information on what's top of mind for both sellers and product team members.

computers-room-storagepng_Medium_res.jpg

Note on account-specific questions: For your privacy and security, we are not able to address issues related to specific account status details in our public forums. If you need account assistance, please contact the Customer Success team and they'll be able to take a deeper dive.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 1 of 144
143 REPLIES 143

Thank you for the opportunity. My question is is there a way to put our logo on a contract?

Message 43 of 144

How about fixing thr broken hot mess that is Square and Weebly? Both apps have limited capabilities and what you can do in one doesn't translate to the other - also what works on Android dorsn't work on Apple and vice versa. I could understand if this was a new and evolving relationship.... but it's been several years now. Years. It's always a -hassle- to add things to my web store and every item is uniquely different. It's really sad to see the application environment developed and maintained by the lowest bidder.

Message 44 of 144
Beta Member

I second this comment. 
I am forever having issues with being able to categorize items I sell vs the stock categories that are there. No matter how many times I have support go in and index the site it never works. 
The alignment of text boxes are off all the time on the mobile view vs desktop. 

Message 45 of 144
Super Seller

Third this recommendation..

The Square/Weebly link is very buggy

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 46 of 144

💯 Having to remember which one does what when making changes to an item is frustrating. I would also love if I could rearrange the placement of products in a category without having to drag it through my entire list. If it were photo images on a page that I could click and sort I’d save so much time. 

Message 47 of 144
Square

Hi @trailmixnc,

Thanks for the feedback. This is definitely something we’re looking at. Are there specific ways you’d want to sort items in a category? Alternatively, a screenshot/image might help me understand this a bit better. It’s something we’re actively looking to improve so this type of feedback is really valuable.

Message 48 of 144

Hey I’d like to see or learn more on setting appointments and reminder send outs to customers per running a barber both to stay up with clients as well state tax numbers to run for which state I’m selling my service to provide an accurate number for tax season as well as total cost to customers 

Message 49 of 144
Square

Hello @Ghosted410, thank you for your question! You can find out more about setting up appointment reminders in this support article here.

Message 50 of 144

I’m sorry if I seem overly negative but I have been complaining about logo size and position for months without anyone listening. So far you guys have shown absolutely no interest in your customers branding. Specifically on the websites but virtually everywhere. We need the opportunity to make our logos 2 to 3 times the size that is currently possible. As others have mentioned, we also need much greater flexibility in positioning our logos.

Message 51 of 144
Square

Hi @Jewel_Chasm,

Thanks for the candid feedback. We are unable to provide a specific timeline for when this change will go live, as there are certain complexities with the website headers that we need to address before logos can be easily resized. But rest assured that the product team is aware of these limitations and looking into ways to address them.

Message 52 of 144

It’s been great to simplify my branding by making my square site both my professional portfolio page and my one stop shopping page. Before I had a separate website and now I’m loving this declutter. 

Square needs more font and graphic options for the sections you’re able to add on the page and in some places more simple navigation. 

Message 53 of 144
Square

Hi @beautybyrudy - Thank you for sharing the positive feedback about your Square Online site branding experience. We hear you on the font and graphic options! We understand that this is not a great experience and are starting to look into opportunities for improving these options in the future.

Sarah Khan
Message 54 of 144
Beta Member

I would like to send a waiver to clients to sign in advance of their appointments. The waiver was set up on the platform area Contracts but, I was unable to use it in this manner due to the limitations on naming the form. A client that has not officially engaged in an established purchase relationship does not want to sign something titled “Contract”. The forms in this area should allow for individual naming so the client is clear the intent is not immediate obligation but rather the preliminary liability waiver or other. 

Message 55 of 144

Brand Related Suggestions:

- More templates for email marketing.

- Options to put a logo on EVERYTHING.

- Allow video and/or motion pictures for marketing

Other Suggestions:

- Allow to edit stock via Square register, etc. to avoid over selling.

- Address options for mobile businesses or don't display the main address - currently my personal address is listed, and ALL my customers can see it. 

- Give more customization on 'restrictions' types for employee profiles

- Hide totals from unauthorized employees (limited access) in orders tab, transactions, and etc.

- Give the option to put "Out of Stock" or "Sold Out" for different types of businesses. Food businesses shouldn't have to explain what "Out of Stock" means.

- Allow to be refunded via ACH if it was the original payment method

- Allow to view and downland transactions from customers/square banking, statements, and history up to 4-5 years prior. Why permanently delete after 2 years? 

- Don't take Square Loan payments and card process fee from donations!!!!

- Offer bigger loan amounts (at least $50k) for businesses looking to expand. 

Message 56 of 144
Square

Hi @AlexisBR - Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Brand and beyond! The product team is currently looking into how we can improve Marketing and how we can improve logo and color on all customer touchpoints as well. We have various improvements coming to the Marketing template design editor in 2023, including video and GIF blocks, adding more fonts and font sizes, more options for images & image layouts, etc. Other explorations are still underway, and feedback like this will help us determine prioritization of additional branding improvements.

Sarah Khan
Message 57 of 144
Beta Member

I found email to simple need more tool to have options, image campaigns. to limiting

Message 58 of 144
Square

Hi @marybellastpete - Thanks for this feedback! We hear you and are working on improving things. We have numerous improvements coming to the Marketing template design editor in 2023, including video and GIF blocks, adding more fonts and font sizes, more options for images & image layouts, etc. 

Sarah Khan
Message 59 of 144

Thank you for the opportunity of suggesting things. 

Two things are important to me

1.  A better way to deal with gift certificates.   I know about confidentiality but owners need to have info easy access about the recipients and an easier way to see the GC whole number.  I stopped those because I don't like to look incompetent to these new clients. 

2. International use of square.. specifically Costa Rica.  I would love to use it there. 

Thanks

Message 60 of 144
Beta Member

This is great, I love having an open discussion for Square sellers.  I would love to have a business 'yellowbook' with square sellers in it.  We should all work together.  I think that would be great to have other square businesses we can work with and new suppliers or resellers we can sell to.  Just an idea. 

Also, I'd love to have an option to automatically calculate & charge the card fees to the customer rather than having to calculate it into the price.  For instance, we also have rentals so we charge the 3.5% extra for rental payments but not for our Sign shop customers.  Can we add that feature?

Message 61 of 144

When editing your website it would be nice if there were different options in the templates, like having your main picture be on a scroll, add video, and have different typographical fonts, rather than your typical Microsoft fonts.  This goes for the email marketing as well.  Having it work more like the Canvas app.  

Message 62 of 144
Square

Hi @JeniSchultz - We are always listening for ways to improve template options for Square Online and Marketing. Thanks for sharing these suggestions!

Sarah Khan
Message 63 of 144