x
Square

Live Q&A: Ask us anything about Square Loyalty ๐ŸŒŸ

Join the Square Loyalty team (@cspillane@seiderman) alongside Square small business evangelist and former Super Seller@Pesso (former owner of Pessoโ€™s Ices & Ice Cream with 5+ years of experience using Square Loyalty at his business) on February 23 for a Q&A about Loyalty.

Weโ€™d love to hear whatโ€™s working well for your business, as well as ways we can better serve your needs.

Date: Thursday, February 23, 2023

Time: 8 p.m. GMT

Example questions and comments:

• How can I increase awareness or drive enrolments for my loyalty programme?
  • Whatโ€™s the best way to get started with Loyalty Promotions?
  • If Square could add [describe feature], it would really help my business to [describe outcome].

Please post questions in advance, and be on the lookout for a "Best Answer" summary following the discussion. We look forward to seeing your questions and comments.

Square-Registerpng.jpg

Ciara Spillane
Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Square
Square Loyalty
Message 1 of 20
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi Community,

Thank you for taking the time to join the Loyalty Q&A. Corey SeidermanLorna Zhang and I enjoyed the interactions and especially appreciated Aylon Pesso (former Super Seller and owner of Pessoโ€™s Ices & Ice Cream) joining in on the conversation. Our #1 goal as the team behind Square Loyalty is to build a product that supports your needs. Weโ€™re grateful you took the time to ask questions and share your perspective โ€” so again, thank you!

To close out the event, hereโ€™s a recap on recurring themes we saw:

1. How can I get set up with Square Loyalty? 

• Check out this Getting Started guide for an overview of how Square Loyalty works + a step-by-step walkthrough of setting up your program.
  • Bonus: this FAQ page also has some good content in it. 

2. Can I structure my loyalty program in tiers?

• This functionality is coming soon! The Loyalty team recently launched status tiers to Beta which allows sellers to customize their earning rules based on the depth and/or tenure of different buyer groups. Stay tuned for more information; weโ€™ll announce broadly when the feature becomes generally available. 

3. Does Square Loyalty work with Square Invoices? 

• Yes! Customers can now enroll and accrue points via invoiced orders (and when returns are processed, points are deducted accordingly). 
  • Note: reward redemption is still limited to checkout at your point of sale or via your Square Online site. 

4. Where can my customers see their loyalty points?

• Digital receipts โ€” Customers can see points earned from the transaction tied to the receipt.
  • Loyalty status page โ€” Linked at the top of the digital receipt, customers can see their total point balance, available rewards, and any recent loyalty activity. Check out your custom URL here, and share it if you like.

For the latest features and functionalities, check out Squareโ€™s Product Updates feed.

Until next time, 

-Ciara

Ciara Spillane
Square Loyalty

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Admin

Thanks for holding this Q&A event and for the awesome introduction, @cspillane !
I'm super excited to jump in and help answer folks' questions as we go!

๏œ๏ธ Aylon Pesso, he/him
Small Business Evangelist, Square

Join the Square Readers Book Club
Message 2 of 20

Hi, this is great.

1. How does it work?

2. Are there any costs/fees involved for me?

3. Can this work on my woocommerce website & square app?

Thanks

Chioma

Message 3 of 20
Square

Hi @Crownofglory, thanks for reaching out. Answering your questions in order:

1. Check out this Getting Started guide for an overview of how Square Loyalty works + a step-by-step walkthrough of setting up your program. This FAQ page has some good Q&A in it as well.
  2. Yes, there are fees. Square Loyalty is a subscription based software starting at ยฃ25/month per location. You can see how the pricing tiers up with usage under โ€œPricingโ€ here.
  3.  At this time we donโ€™t have an active integration with WooCommerce, but the best way to get one would be to request via WooCommerce directly! They build what their customers ask for. And yes, this works with the Square app.
Ciara Spillane
Square Loyalty
Message 4 of 20

The shop function on my website;

Will my clients be able to โ€œsubscribe and saveโ€ to the products in my shop? Will you have a โ€œbuy now pay later optionโ€ such as klarna for my shop clients to use?

Message 5 of 20
Beta Member

Hi there, Thank you for allowing us to ask questions.

I would love to use the Square loyalty programme but I can't until there is a way of adding it to other online platforms such as WooCommerce. I have both a retail shop and an online store and I use your Square Register for the shop and Square payments for both in-store and online.

To have a loyalty programme at the moment will require me to use 2 systems which of course is not viable as it will cost more in time and money. We have customers that shop in-store and online and we are unable to offer these customers a seemless loyalty programme where they can see their rewards in one place.

I would really love it if Square could find a way of integrating the loyalty programme with other platforms such as WooCommerce. ๐Ÿ™

And in the UK ๐Ÿ˜

Message 6 of 20
Square

Hi @Cherrylmm, thanks for reaching out. Definitely understand wanting to provide a unified Loyalty solution for your customers. In addition to Square Online, there are a number of partners that have integrated Square Loyalty into their eCommerce solution. Unfortunately, WooCommerceโ€™s integration with Square doesnโ€™t cover Loyalty at this time. If interested, Iโ€™d recommend reaching out to WooCommerce directly as feedback from sellers like you will make sure they know about the demand.

Message 7 of 20
Beta Member

How do we join the actual Q&A when the time comes?

Message 8 of 20
Admin

Hi @lammarmarie, thank you for reaching out!

This discussion will take place in writing within this thread. If you have any questions or feedback, please drop them in by replying below. You'll then receive a notification once the Loyalty team replies to your question next week. Appreciate your patience. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

๏œ๏ธ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 9 of 20
Square

Best Answer

Hi Community,

Thank you for taking the time to join the Loyalty Q&A. Corey SeidermanLorna Zhang and I enjoyed the interactions and especially appreciated Aylon Pesso (former Super Seller and owner of Pessoโ€™s Ices & Ice Cream) joining in on the conversation. Our #1 goal as the team behind Square Loyalty is to build a product that supports your needs. Weโ€™re grateful you took the time to ask questions and share your perspective โ€” so again, thank you!

To close out the event, hereโ€™s a recap on recurring themes we saw:

1. How can I get set up with Square Loyalty? 

• Check out this Getting Started guide for an overview of how Square Loyalty works + a step-by-step walkthrough of setting up your program.
  • Bonus: this FAQ page also has some good content in it. 

2. Can I structure my loyalty program in tiers?

• This functionality is coming soon! The Loyalty team recently launched status tiers to Beta which allows sellers to customize their earning rules based on the depth and/or tenure of different buyer groups. Stay tuned for more information; weโ€™ll announce broadly when the feature becomes generally available. 

3. Does Square Loyalty work with Square Invoices? 

• Yes! Customers can now enroll and accrue points via invoiced orders (and when returns are processed, points are deducted accordingly). 
  • Note: reward redemption is still limited to checkout at your point of sale or via your Square Online site. 

4. Where can my customers see their loyalty points?

• Digital receipts โ€” Customers can see points earned from the transaction tied to the receipt.
  • Loyalty status page โ€” Linked at the top of the digital receipt, customers can see their total point balance, available rewards, and any recent loyalty activity. Check out your custom URL here, and share it if you like.

For the latest features and functionalities, check out Squareโ€™s Product Updates feed.

Until next time, 

-Ciara

Ciara Spillane
Square Loyalty
Message 10 of 20
Beta Member

Hi, Iโ€™m planning on changing over from using the Square POS to Square for Retail app on my iPad, using a Square Stand but I have a question regarding loyalty.

On Square POS, when I add a customer whoโ€™s signed up to loyalty, it shows if they have a loyalty reward and how many stars they will receive for that transaction, on the transaction screen.

On Square for Retail, it doesnโ€™t appear to show this information and the only way I can find to see the loyalty balance and whether the customer has a reward, is by clicking on the three dots and choosing โ€˜Redeem Rewardโ€™.

Am I missing something or is this how itโ€™s currently set up on Square for Retail?

Thanks

Gavin

Message 11 of 20
Beta Member

@cspillane Would be great if you could get back to me on this please.  I've started using Square for Retail today and it seems to be going okay so far ๐Ÿคž but would be so much easier if Loyalty was displayed on the Transaction screen - even if it was displayed in the Info section at the top.

Thanks

Gavin

Message 12 of 20
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Valleycraft, thanks for your question, and apologies for the delayed response. 

Square Loyalty is incorporated slightly differently in the Square for Retail App than it would be for the Square Point of Sale app. The only way to view the available rewards would be to click on Actions or the three dots > Redeem Rewards > Enter your customer's phone number to search for rewards. 

I'll pass your feedback over to our team for better visibility. 

Message 13 of 20

Anyone know how I can unsubscribe from square community emails? The โ€˜unsubscribeโ€™ link on the emails doesnโ€™t work ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ

Message 14 of 20
Square Community Moderator

Heya @printybanana, happy to help you out with this.

If you wish to disable all Seller Community emails, it has to be done through the Community settings rather than the email inbox. To disable your notifications:

1. Go to the Community > Click on your username in the top right-hand corner of the screen > Click on My Settings.
  2. Go to Subscriptions and Bookmarks > Notification settings. 
  3. Change your settings to disable email notifications. 

Hope this helps! 

Message 15 of 20
Beta Member

Message 16 of 20
Admin

Hey @thecoffeecup, thanks for your post. 

Digital Loyalty Passes for Apple Wallet are not available in the UK just yet. 

We'll be sure to announce any new launches on our Product Updates pages. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ
Message 17 of 20
Beta Member

Hopefully itโ€™s being worked on or looked in to then ๐Ÿ™

Message 18 of 20
Beta Member

The other thing I would love to know is if you have an eta for loyalty tiers in the Uk i believe itโ€™s out of beta now in the USA?

Message 19 of 20
Admin

Hi @thecoffeecup, thanks for your post. 

Currently, Square Loyalty allows you to issue points towards rewards based on items purchased, the minimum amount spent, and on a per-visit basis.

If you decide to set up a Multi-Tiered Rewards Programme, customers will accumulate points towards rewards based on predefined tiers.

1. Log in to Customers > Loyalty section of your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Select Settings > Create A New Reward.
  3. Choose the reward value > Enter the discount that will be applied for the reward.
  4. Select Create Reward. 

Let me know if this works for you! 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ
Message 20 of 20