x
Admin

Q&A with the Customers team: How can we meet your business branding needs?

Hello Seller Community — we were glad to host this Q&A session on March 15 focused on business owners who are looking to take their brand to new heights with Square.

Joining us for this discussion was @skhan, a seasoned product manager on the Customers team. With her prior experience in branding and strong seller empathy, Sarah understands the challenges that come with managing branding features, such as adding logos and customizing receipts. She and her team are working to enhance the branding experience, and they want to hear from you!

Have a look at summary post an replies below for more information on what's top of mind for both sellers and product team members.

computers-room-storagepng_Medium_res.jpg

Note on account-specific questions: For your privacy and security, we are not able to address issues related to specific account status details in our public forums. If you need account assistance, please contact the Customer Success team and they'll be able to take a deeper dive.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 1 of 144
143 REPLIES 143
Square

Hi @pamperbeauty212 - Thanks for the feedback on text messages and in-store receipt customizations! We have heard from multiple sellers that they’d like more control over branding in Marketing campaign templates, and have numerous improvements to the Marketing template design editor in 2023, including adding Video and GIF blocks, adding more fonts and font sizes, more options for images & image layouts, etc.

Sarah Khan
Message 22 of 144

Hi...this is great!  What is the optimal size of the front banner photo?  The style sheet seems to crop the image and I have tried many different sizes. Is it possible to move a shop now button someplace other than the center of the banner photo?

Thanks, 

Renée

https://www.cometcloth.com/

Message 23 of 144
Square

Hi @Comet,

Images that are 2400px wide work the best for banners across different screen sizes. Regarding the cropping and the button position — this can be controlled by selecting a different layout from the main banner customization settings. Let me know if that doesn’t work for you.

Message 24 of 144
Square

Hi @HC_Charlie - Thank you for this feedback! We have heard from multiple sellers that they’d like more control over branding in Marketing campaign templates. We have numerous improvements to the template design editor in 2023, including adding Video and GIF blocks, adding more fonts and font sizes, more options for images & image layouts, etc. The ability to further customize the header banner and logo format is TBD, however, we are also exploring partnerships with popular image editing tools that many of our sellers use, to make it even easier to import custom created images/banners. These explorations are still underway, and each instance of feedback further helps us determine prioritization.

Sarah Khan
Message 25 of 144

I love your website?  May I ask if you hired someone to create this?  I am plain basic and need to revamp mine.  Currently using the free site until I decide how to revamp.

Thank you,

zukarabeauty.square.site

Message 26 of 144

I need to be able to declutter the checkout windows for my customers. I need access to be able to remove the "add coupon or gift card" and "stay in touch". My checkout window looks like a “CVS receipt”

Message 27 of 144

Interested in Learning and finding out about email and text marketing

Message 28 of 144
Admin

Hey @Cmijefe — thanks for checking in! We created a couple of guides for getting started with email and text message marketing. Have a look here for more details:

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 29 of 144

1) Integration with Stamps.com would be the biggest need (and time saver).

2) Better packing lists (compare to eBay packing list)

3) Better logo implementation and picture size capabilities.  When listing on Amazon or eBay, you don't have to worry about some of the photos getting chopped off.

Message 30 of 144
Super Seller

YES a stamps integration would be amazing.

Better packing lists with ease of printing also amazing.

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 31 of 144
Square

Hi @BuffaloMusicSto and @DLRosenberg,

Thank you for the feedback! We don't support a Stamps.com integration today but would love to learn more about how you use them! In the meantime, we are making significant investments to our own label purchase capabilities this year.

I'd also like to better understand how you use packing lists and what we can do to improve them. Can you provide additional details?

As for the logo and image capabilities, let's talk more about where you want your logo and images and where that's not working for you!

Message 32 of 144

I’d love to be able to upload items for sale, more easily being able to add options without having to do one thing at a time. For instance, if all the colors of an item, has the same inventory and price. 

Message 33 of 144

Thank you for allowing me to participate ! 

I love everything square has to offer. I appreciate that square is always looking for ways to improve. As a very busy individual I dont have a lot of free time. Square does a good job at helping with Branding and logos and what they offer I trust ! 

Message 34 of 144
Square

Hi @Carpenterson19 - Thanks for taking the time to share your positive feedback with us! We are thrilled to hear that you are happy with how we support branding and logos. We appreciate your support and hope that Square will continue to meet your expectations in the future.

Sarah Khan
Message 35 of 144

When sending email newsletters for marketing the top banner picture area is very limiting.  It blows your picture to large portions, but only shows a small bit of it and if you want your logo present, then it is a TINY square in the middle of the picture.  It would be nice to customize this better.

Message 36 of 144

We are primarily a service organization of coaches in the field. We would love for our coaches who carry a limited number of products to sell before or after a session/class. Would they all share one generic login or a limited-ability individual logo-in? We’d like a logo’d invoice then sent to the customer and inventory adjusted. Help. Thanks. 

TeamDream DQ

Message 37 of 144
Square

Hi @TeamDream,

Thanks for sharing this feedback. We are currently looking into how we can improve branding on invoices and will be sure to take service organizations into consideration. Can you please clarify what you mean by ‘individual logo’? Do you have a logo that you want all coaches to use or want each coach to have their own logo?

Message 38 of 144

Thanks for getting back to us.

The former, one logo that all coaches will use. But your question makes me wonder is there a limit on logos. We do have two different divisions in our company. Can we automate for the two separate logos depending on which client category we’re working with?

Thanks. 

Message 39 of 144

We want to brand our appointment reminders in both email and text.  Being able to customize the text reminders would be VERY beneficial.  

Message 40 of 144
Square

Hi @InkSpa,

Thank you for sharing this feedback. It sounds like you’re already aware, but just to make sure, you are able to customize email communications in your Appointments Dashboard.

However, we absolutely hear you on the need to customize text communications and are working on shipping that ability this year.

Message 41 of 144

Yes, you can customize the wording in the emails but you cannot format. I need to be able to call out certain things and hyperlink words versus just putting the link in the email. It’s difficult to draw attention to important sections. 

Message 42 of 144