x
Admin

Shippo + Square Q&A: Ask Shippo about shipping, returns, tracking and labeling!

shippo_q+a_logo.png

Hello Sellers! On Tuesday, September 28th, we hosted a Q&A with Michael Hathaway (@Shippo_Mike) on the Shippo team for an event focused on all of your business shipping needs.

Michael Hathaway Shippo.jpeg

Prior to joining Shippo, Michael acquired a wide range of experience within software as a service and financial sales. He's a champion of the seller experience and passionate about keeping the customer's voice at the center of product decisions. For a deeper dive on his journey, check out this post: What It’s Like to Work for Shippo’s Sales Team, According to Mike Hathaway.

The Shippo team released a lot of features and integrations over the course of 2020, and they're here to make sure you get the most out of your fulfillment needs. You can learn more about their feature set in this recent webinar: E-Commerce Shipping Strategy 101 with Square & Shippo.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 1 of 61
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Thank you to everyone who participated in our Q&A this week — I hope I was able to answer all of your shipping and Shippo-related questions!

To wrap up, I want to highlight of a few key themes that came up during the session:

• Shipping costs are based on the weight, distance, and dimensions of your shipment. A few tips for keeping shipping costs low include using your own packaging, keeping the package as lightweight as possible, avoiding express shipping, and checking rates across all of your carrier options. Shippo has the lowest USPS and UPS rates available, so we can also help provide some cost savings on your shipping rates.

• Each business will want to decide how and what they charge for shipping based on their own business model. Square provides many different options to set up the shipping rates within the shopping cart experience, but choosing the right one can be a complex process and will depend on which specific goals you need to optimize for.

• Shippo works directly with a network of 85+ carriers to provide the lowest available discounts and compare against other carrier rates. Just sign-up for Shippo, connect your own UPS and FedEx accounts, and then see our discounted rates compared directly against your UPS and FedEx rates. You can purchase on your account (with no markup) or use one of our carrier accounts to generate the label. Our tool is designed to make generating labels in bulk, comparing costs, and gaining transparency on rates an easy process for businesses.

• Shippo integrates directly with Square Online for label generation and order fulfillment. The ease-of-implementation and strength of our Square + Shippo integration lets you import order data, print labels, access invoices, view refunds, and more.

Thanks again for joining us, and be sure to get in touch mikehathaway@goshippo.com to learn more about how Shippo can partner with your e-commerce business to tackle your biggest shipping challenges.

Mike Hathaway
Director of Sales
Shippo

View Best Answer >

Message 57 of 61
60 REPLIES 60
Beta Member

Yes! I would love this option as well!

Message 22 of 61

I will leave the best workflow for this to the Square team but we are very excited to be able to help with Square POS orders as soon as possible!

@cocosnap 

Mike Hathaway
Director of Sales
Shippo
Message 23 of 61
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for the feedback @cocosnap 

I can understand how this would be a useful integration to have! We'll be sharing this with the team, and will make sure to post updates when we have them. 😊

Message 24 of 61
Beta Member

It would be incredibly helpful. All of the items are in my POS, but not necessarily on my website- so I can't direct people there. I spend a LOT of time entering addresses at Christmas, and it just leaves room for even more errors at an already chaotic time of year! Thanks for passing this on. I have spoken to Square/Weebly many times. We thought we found a work around, but unfortunately not. 

Message 25 of 61

When will you add media mail to your shipping choices? PayPal already has it.

Message 26 of 61

@dawnbro!

Thanks for this question!  Shippo can provide Media Mail on your account already.  Our team can activate it on individual accounts if you reach out to them at support@goshippo.com or sales@goshippo.com with your account’s email address.  It is not made available for all of our users as USPS has a team verify eligibility for Media Mail as we activate those rates for you! 

Then, of course, they inspect packages as they are sent using Media Mail to make sure they qualify for the service.  Happy to have it added to your account if you reach out

Mike Hathaway
Director of Sales
Shippo
Message 27 of 61
Beta Member

Hi @Shippo_Mike I emailed support@goshippo.com today to ask to add Media Mail and was told that "It is not possible to ship via USPS Media Mail, in Shippo." See the screenshot of the email below. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 10.00.53 PM.jpg

Any advice?

Message 28 of 61
Beta Member

When shipping I most often use USPS Flat Rate mailers.  According to USPS this means anything 75 lbs or less that can fit into this package should be this said flat rate.  Why when I mail and increase a weight from 2 lbs to 6 or 7 lbs the cost increases?

Message 29 of 61

@ClassyRascals- something isn’t right here! Can you get in touch with our team to have them make sure you are entering the right package template or selecting the right option for using a Flat Rate box to ship? Support@goshippo.com or Sales@goshippo.com will get you in touch with someone who can help. Flat rate boxes, as you mentioned, should not have a different rate based on the weight- and certainly do not in our system- so let’s double-check the workflow and get this sorted out! Looking forward to connecting!

Here is our guide to Flat Rate Shipping:
https://goshippo.com/blog/usps-flat-rate-box-sizes-prices-how-it-works/

Mike Hathaway
Director of Sales
Shippo
Message 30 of 61
Beta Member

When will they be an export option for customers names e-mails and addresses? Shippo used to populate this and now it does not it is a huge time saver most of my companies shipping is done from items invoiced and not from our shop.

Message 31 of 61

Hey there @kmsglitter,

I am not sure what you mean here. If this information isn’t syncing back and forth between your store- can you reach out to my team at support@goshippo.com and we can make sure the bi-directional sync is keeping you from having to import and export information!

If that isn’t the issue, and you just need a spreadsheet of labels, customer information, and order information for shipments you have sent- you can download that from the Shipments tab of Shippo! Once logged into your account, on the left side, click Shipments, then, at the top of the page- there is an option to Export. You should be able to filter the spreadsheet based on the necessary information. You can always export pre-shipment Order information from the Square platform as well.

If neither of these is the solution you are looking for, shoot us a more detailed description to Sales@goshippo.com and we will figure out how to help!

Mike Hathaway
Director of Sales
Shippo
Message 32 of 61

Does your service go hand in hand with Square Online or does it compliment the POS system?

I currently use FEDEX, USPS, or UPS. How does your service compare?

Message 33 of 61

Shippo integrates directly with Square Online for label generation and order fulfillment. We work directly with carriers to provide businesses a base level of discounts (the lowest available) to compare against their other carrier rates. You can sign-up for Shippo- connect your UPS and FedEx accounts (in the Settings → Carriers tab)- and then, when you are shipping an item- you will see our USPS and UPS discounted rates compared directly against your UPS and FedEx rates. You can purchase on your account (with no markup) or use one of our carrier accounts to generate the label. Our tool is designed to make generating labels in bulk, comparing costs, and gaining transparency on rates an easy process for businesses.

Mike Hathaway
Director of Sales
Shippo
Message 34 of 61

How do you determine how much shipping costs?

Message 35 of 61

Our shipping costs are based on the weight, distance, and dimensions of the shipment that you are sending- in most cases. We also support Flat Rate and Regional Rate options through USPS- which can be a great way to save money in specific instances!

Mike Hathaway
Director of Sales
Shippo
Message 36 of 61
Beta Member

Will other providers be available in the future such as FedEx?

Will the funds be deducted directly from our Square Checking Account?

Message 37 of 61
Square Community Moderator

Hi @houseofbamboo

You can link your FedEx account to your Square Online store through the Shippo integration. Navigate to the Square Online dashboard, then click Fulfillment > Shipping > Advanced Settings to link Fed Ex.

I believe the negotiated rates will show up when you create your labels, but I will need to verify with the support team if your negotiated rates will show on the checkout page itself. 

Do you currently have a debit Mastercard with your Square Checking Account? If so, you should be able to add it as your payment method on the Shippo dashboard under Settings > Account > Billing.

Message 38 of 61
Beta Member

Thank you for your help.

Message 39 of 61
Super Seller Alumni

I am having problems connecting UPS and FedEx to my account. I've followed all the directions and can't get it to work. So I use Shippo free standing program. We really want to use UPS. How can I get connected?

Thank you so much,

Dave

Message 40 of 61

Hey there Dave!

Thanks for reaching out and happy to help! UPS and FedEx connections can be finicky- but we are here to help! Feel free to reach out to support@goshippo.com with michael.hathaway@goshippo.com cc’ed and I will make sure my team gets in touch as soon as possible!

We can help with the connection and set-up process for your account!

@CoffeeRoaster 

Mike Hathaway
Director of Sales
Shippo
Message 41 of 61
Super Seller Alumni

Thank you Mike. I will reach out to support. We love Shippo. This would just make it easier for us.

Have a great rest of the week.

Dave

Message 42 of 61