x

Weebly SSL

One of my Weebly websites is showing a privacy error message when accessed via different browsers (Google, Safari etc)

I have checked for any code errors and disabled then enabled the SSL certificate option but without any joy. Is it possible that my Weebly SSL certificate is out of date? 

Any help would be appreciated 

Message 1 of 17
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @direland

Can you post a screenshot of the search results information you see? It may be that Google just needs to recrawl the website. You can request a manual recrawl here.

Can you also let us know where the domain is registered, and if you have an option to forward the WWW subdomain to your URL? 

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Admin

Hi @direland, thanks for your post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your website. 

Could you confirm your domain name, so I can look into this for you?

Message 2 of 17

That would be great.

www.stmaryscbsclonmel.scoilnet.ie

Message 3 of 17
Admin

Thanks for confirming @direland

The www is actually causing the issue here. You are already using the subdomain scoilnet.ie in your domain name, but www is also considered a subdomain. 

Using multi level subdomains (www and scoilnet.ie) will not work in our hosting, which is why you get a "not secure" error message when typing www.stmaryscbsclonmel.scoilnet.ie in the search bar. 

The correct website URLs to use would be https://stmaryscbsclonmel.scoilnet.ie/ or stmaryscbsclonmel.scoilnet.ie.

Message 4 of 17

Thanks so much!

can you please advise what changes I have to make? Can I do it myself in the Weebly Dashboard or do I need to contact my Domain provider?

Message 5 of 17
Admin

You're very welcome ๐Ÿ™‚.

You don't need to make any changes as the website stmaryscbsclonmel.scoilnet.ie seems to be up and running.

Just remember to delete the www part when you share the website or enter it in the search bar. 

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help!

Message 6 of 17

Unfortunately when people Google our organisation the Website link and search results have links with the incorrect address.

Is there any way of fixing this? 

Message 7 of 17
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @direland

Can you post a screenshot of the search results information you see? It may be that Google just needs to recrawl the website. You can request a manual recrawl here.

Can you also let us know where the domain is registered, and if you have an option to forward the WWW subdomain to your URL? 

Message 8 of 17

IMG_0493.jpeg

Thank you.

As you can see both subdomains www and scoilnet.ie are visible in the address.

Can you please explain about the option to forward the www subdomain to the URL?

Does this have to be done by 

our subdomain registrar?

Is it the following steps on the Weebly Dashboard? 

โ€ขGeneral
โ€ขSite Address 
โ€ขAlready own a domain? no problem, connect or transfer it now
โ€ขconnect your domain 
โ€ขemail instructions to your domain registrar 
Message 9 of 17
Admin

Apologies about the delay here @direland.

Your domain is already successfully connected, so you don't need to go through these steps again. 

Could you try to re-indexing and/or re-crawling your website? 

Message 10 of 17

Thank you.

Apologies for all the questions - 

What information do I need to re-index or recrawl the website? 
Can I do it myself with the information I have from weebly or do I need specific information from our domain registrar?

Message 11 of 17
Admin

Just taking over from Lou here @direland 

Are you able to access the links above for re-indexing and re-crawling? This process would be done via Google. 

Let me know if you can open them, if not I can share the details here! 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ
Message 12 of 17

Hi Breffni

This is the message I get when I try

IMG_0511.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Message 13 of 17
Admin

Looping back in @direland !

Are you getting this message when you are trying to re-index or re-crawl the website ?

Message 14 of 17

Re-index 

Message 15 of 17

Iโ€™m very confused at this stage.

Iโ€™m not sure where our domain is registered. 

Our organisation is a school. Initially our website was built and uploaded to a state organisation, Scoilnet, who provided the domain and the hosting. The original website was built, updated and uploaded using software downloaded to a local device.

A few years ago (around 2017) an external contractor was hired to build our new website. This was done on Weebly. 

Correspondence with Scoilnet suggests that they were asked to do a โ€˜redirectโ€™ back around that time. They have no specific details of where to.

Scoilnet are now asking if our organisation owns any domain names. Can you confirm if our domain comes from Weebly? In essence Iโ€™m trying to determine whether or not Scoilnet have anything to do with our site.

Message 16 of 17
Admin

Hi @direland, I understand your confusion.

The domain stmaryscbsclonmel.scoilnet.ie is not hosted or managed by Weebly. The domain is only connected to the website that was build on Weebly. I'm guessing this is the redirect Scoilnet is talking about.

According to who.is, it looks like the domain is owned by heatnet.ie (I'm double-checking this though and will let you know). 

I can't go further into account specific details on the Community, so I've sent you a private message to get more information. 

Message 17 of 17