x
Super Seller

Allow gift options with Square Online

Hi, I noticed that an 'Allow gift options' selection has appeared in the edit item section in Square Online. Does anybody know what functionality this will offer and when it will become live to use?

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 1 of 26
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Allow gift options

@phillipsrw Be aware that you need to be on at least the Performance Plan (£19 / m) to use gifting options.

4 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @phillipsrw, thank you for your post! Our team are rolling out the gifting options so you should now be able to start setting it up! The gift options will allow customers to indicate that the item they are purchasing is a gift. This means that they can:

• Leave a note if wished
  • You can add a fee for gift wrapping
  • The receipt print out for shipping or delivery will only include the note and item but not the prices

More information about this feature is available here

Tra
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 26

Best Answer

I'm unable to find the gift receipt without prices- the external link only leads to a page for emailing or printing full receipt.

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 26

Best Answer

Also, I'd like to be able to add a gift option to the WHOLE order, not individual items, as an order with multiple items sent to someone as a gift will have the same note in it.

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 26
Super Seller

Best Answer

@Twiggy @BariTeaBrewery 

I think (but I may be reading this wrong) the request is for functionality to add a gift message at the point of checkout not at the item level. We have experience problems with the gifting options at the item level. We offer free gift cards with orders, but if people order say 5 items with the gifting function at the item level they could in theory order 5 gift cards. 

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk

View Best Answer >

Message 15 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Beta Member

@phillipsrw Be aware that you need to be on at least the Performance Plan (£19 / m) to use gifting options.

https://the-ungrateful-wench.square.site
Message 22 of 26
Super Seller

You can still add a variation/ modifier for a gift note in POS - The gifting feature is gonna be a great simplifier for those who ship - deliver. 

Message 23 of 26

Sorry - I posted in wrong place!

Message 24 of 26

How do you adjust the exemplar gift message? I can’t change this under item preferences, and at present it is defaulting to ‘hi Jack, enjoy your gift!’ If I could just delete the ‘Hi Jack’ bit that would work!!

Message 25 of 26
Admin

Hi @Hannahwisdom thanks for your post 🙂 

I had a look at my own account and 'Hi Jack - Enjoy your gift!' is displayed automatically as an example for customers, as soon as you click on the box itself it disappears and customers can enter their own messages. 

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 11.21.02.png

I hope this helps! 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 26 of 26