x
Super Seller

Allow gift options with Square Online

Hi, I noticed that an 'Allow gift options' selection has appeared in the edit item section in Square Online. Does anybody know what functionality this will offer and when it will become live to use?

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 1 of 26
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Allow gift options

@phillipsrw Be aware that you need to be on at least the Performance Plan (£19 / m) to use gifting options.

4 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @phillipsrw, thank you for your post! Our team are rolling out the gifting options so you should now be able to start setting it up! The gift options will allow customers to indicate that the item they are purchasing is a gift. This means that they can:

• Leave a note if wished
  • You can add a fee for gift wrapping
  • The receipt print out for shipping or delivery will only include the note and item but not the prices

More information about this feature is available here

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 26

Best Answer

I'm unable to find the gift receipt without prices- the external link only leads to a page for emailing or printing full receipt.

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 26

Best Answer

Also, I'd like to be able to add a gift option to the WHOLE order, not individual items, as an order with multiple items sent to someone as a gift will have the same note in it.

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 26
Super Seller

Best Answer

@Twiggy @BariTeaBrewery 

I think (but I may be reading this wrong) the request is for functionality to add a gift message at the point of checkout not at the item level. We have experience problems with the gifting options at the item level. We offer free gift cards with orders, but if people order say 5 items with the gifting function at the item level they could in theory order 5 gift cards. 

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk

View Best Answer >

Message 15 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @phillipsrw, thank you for your post! Our team are rolling out the gifting options so you should now be able to start setting it up! The gift options will allow customers to indicate that the item they are purchasing is a gift. This means that they can:

• Leave a note if wished
  • You can add a fee for gift wrapping
  • The receipt print out for shipping or delivery will only include the note and item but not the prices

More information about this feature is available here

Tra
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 26
Super Seller

Thanks all, we have it up and running and love the features. Excellent timing also, we will be implementing ready for the festive season!

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 3 of 26
Super Seller

You can still add a variation/ modifier for a gift note in POS - The gifting feature is gonna be a great simplifier for those who ship - deliver. 

Message 4 of 26
Super Seller

Could you pass on to the team to maybe offer different levels of gift wrap - eg gift boxed or just a paper wrap sent in bag, no plastic, etc. 

Message 5 of 26
Admin

Will do @Twiggy! We just added some new Gift Options but I see how different levels would be useful too!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 26
Super Seller

Yes, I totally understand that you’re coming from a gift receipt point of view etc but to have a gift wrap option / modifier on your items and then another gift option for a gift receipt is not customer / sale fluid.

Message 7 of 26

Best Answer

I'm unable to find the gift receipt without prices- the external link only leads to a page for emailing or printing full receipt.

Message 8 of 26

Best Answer

Also, I'd like to be able to add a gift option to the WHOLE order, not individual items, as an order with multiple items sent to someone as a gift will have the same note in it.

Message 9 of 26
Super Seller

You need to add a modifier when you create an item in the online area. 
of recipients name 

and gift message. 

when the order comes through in order manager you have to view online area. 

Message 10 of 26
Super Seller

Am I correct in thinking using a modifier for the message means the message will still be added at the item level, so the same problem of the gift option stands. For us the option to add a gift messsge modifier would be added to 300 items, and worse case scenario we could get 300 messages in one order. Thankfully using the modifier we have only had a handful of message requests in one order. When this happened we had to take the gift option off at the item level. For our business gift message input at checkout would be better.

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 11 of 26
Square Community Moderator

Hi @phillipsrw, thanks for raising this. Although there is no option to leave a Gift note for the entire order, if you enabled customer note on the checkout page, your customers can leave any messages and requests at the checkout under "Note" section. Specific Gift message at the checkout level is a feature request at the moment. I'll forward your feedback to our team. 

Emma
Message 12 of 26
Super Seller

Hi @Emma_ thank you for this suggestion. 😊

We have the note section activated and few customers do use this but unfortunately with online retail you really Really do need to spoon feed some users. If its not instantly explainable they either walk away from the transaction or tell you how rubbish the system is regardless as to how fantastic 99.9% of it is. Totally understand that checkout needs to be streamline as they can get a little off putting to customers. Hopefully there is a sleek way to incorporate in.

We will keep pushing on with the system as is until the feature requests gains the momentum it needs. Thank you 😁 

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 13 of 26

I appreciate you taking the time to raise this and follow along @phillipsrw. I understand how frustrating it is to receive customer feedback about it. 

Emma
Message 14 of 26
Super Seller

Best Answer

@Twiggy @BariTeaBrewery 

I think (but I may be reading this wrong) the request is for functionality to add a gift message at the point of checkout not at the item level. We have experience problems with the gifting options at the item level. We offer free gift cards with orders, but if people order say 5 items with the gifting function at the item level they could in theory order 5 gift cards. 

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 15 of 26

"...the request is for functionality to add a gift message at the point of checkout not at the item level..." - yes. Exactly! C

Message 16 of 26
Admin

Hello @BariTeaBrewery @Twiggy @philipsrw, thanks for the comments! 

Just to confirm we are looking for gift receipts here for Square Online?  

Currently, gift receipts are only supported with Square for Retail. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 17 of 26

Ah, that'd explain it. Frustrating 'cos I'm offered the option to print a gift receipt (without prices etc), but when I click on it, it just leads me to the orders. This really should be available on the Square Online, too, I think. Most of our customers buy gifts online now. xC

Message 18 of 26
Super Seller

Be good if you could print a gift recipt from the dashboard.

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 19 of 26
Super Seller

@Breffni @Do you know if the gift receipts for online are still being looked at.

our top enquiries from customers at check out are

• Can we add a gift message to the order
  • Can we include a gift receipt as this is a gift.

our customers are requesting this at the point of checkout not at the item level.

These are standard functions when selling online and it would be great to see this simple function added.

Many thanks

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 20 of 26

Hey @phillipsrw, just stepping in for Breffni while she's out of office. 

Can totally understand why this feature would be beneficial. We don't have any updates for this feature at this time, but we'll be sure to update this thread once we have more information on its availability. 

Message 21 of 26