x

CUSTOM CSS

Is there any way to add custom css to the online store?

If there isn't, then there needs to be.

For example, the inbuilt formatting options for text, headings etc are too limiting.

I tried to javascript write a link to a custom stylesheet via the Integrations section, but it didn't work to override the inbuilt styles.

Ideally would be great if is was possible to add internal styles (e.g. <style>style declarations here</style>) to the HEAD or BODY via Integrations.

Message 1 of 35
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

I finally found a way!

It's a bit of a workaround but seems to work perfectly.  Here's a tutorial with a code snippet and a step-by-step video. 

I'm still hoping to see an actual custom CSS -feature soon. Preferrably using a CSS preprocessor like LESS (like Squarespace has). 

View Best Answer >

Message 19 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Thanks JOHNNO !

I hope it's helpful for many. And folks please let me know if there are other customisations you'd like to make, I can do more tutorials or help you 1-on-1.

Using this method pretty much anything is possible 🙂 Feel free to send me a message if you need help.

Message 22 of 35

Hi Johnno!  

Can you assist me in where I can insert the css code for multiple bullet sessions with different colors?  This is for Weebly dashboard.  

How to change bullet(s) color to match content font color in multiple sessions on a single page?  Is there a css or html code?  

Thank you,

L'Tanya 

Message 23 of 35

Hello,

How to change bullet(s) color to match content font color in multiple sessions on a single page?  Is there a css or html code?  

Message 24 of 35
Square Community Moderator

Hey, @HMTIassist1 I moved your post to this thread where one of our Sellers shared their solution for Custom CSS in Square Online. I hope this answers your question.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 25 of 35
Super Seller

I've recently started playing with the snippets API and this allows you to install a code snippet in the head of the page. I have used this to pull in an offsite stylesheet, and javascript. With this approach I can just edit the css/code on another domain and don't have to apply the work around listed above (which is great if you don't want to bother with the whole developer API thing).

The biggest issue now is targeting the DOM objects that  you want to modify.. It's easy to effect things globally but there isnt really anything identifiable in specific containers to target them effectively..

I resorted to using javascript to find thing based on content, but even this is unreliable due to the script based nature of the page content (it doesnt exist when the DOM loads).

I had actually managed to inject code to replace an empty top container with a 100% slider with overlays, but unfortunately it's doesnt work reliably due the delayed nature of the site content.. so frustrating.

It would be great to be able to add and #id or .class to a section/container so that it could be targetted effectively..

Bruce

Bruce Wilson
Owner | Vigneron | Distiller
Message 26 of 35

Hello Bruce,

Does your topic apply to Weebly Dashboard?  I agree with you regarding the option of adding #id and .class to a section or separate paragraph.  I'm trying to accomplish this task below.  

Thank you,

L'Tanya

Message 27 of 35
Super Seller

Im referring to square online, however the workaround described above should work for you. Can you post a link to the page in question, and what you are trying to acheive?

Bruce Wilson
Message 28 of 35

Hi Bruce

Thank you! 

I'm would like the bullet points or numbers to match the text color for each paragraph or sections content.  

I was able to achieve the first color for the first session(pic 1) however, not for the second session.  Here is the link:  https://www.holisticmassagetraining.org/fees-costs--financial-aid.html 

I placed this style code in the header code under SEO Settings.  Unfortunately, online square is no use for this website at the moment.   

<style>
div.paragraph ul li {
color: #333300;
font-family: Libre Franklin;
font-size: 23px;
letter-spacing: 3;
line-height: 2em;
font-weight: 900;
}
</style>

Message 29 of 35
Super Seller

Hey there,

I don't think it's going to be possible because there doesnt appear to be a way of differentiating between. this <ul> and other <ul>.. So while you appear to have managed to style one of them, then this style will apply to all..

Bruce Wilson
Message 30 of 35

Thank you Bruce!   

It's impossible to create a another div?  Wow!  There are limitations with Weebly.  

L'Tanya 

Message 31 of 35

Hi Bruce,

I have two questions to ask you about Weebly functionality.  ! Nav bar responsive for the home page (the other pages are responsive except for the home page) and subdomian for a second website?  Unfortunately, Weebly pages are unable to copy to another site.  

Thank you,

L'Tanya 

Message 32 of 35
Super Seller

@HMTIassist1,

Unfortunately I am not familiar with Weebly and only use square online... hopefully someone else can help you

Bruce Wilson
Message 33 of 35

Bruce,

Thank you again.  

Message 34 of 35
Square Community Moderator

Hey, @HMTlassist1!

Just jumping in here to suggest you reach out with your question via the Weebly Seller Community, as if you've started on Weebly you'll be working with a slightly different Dashboard compared to Square Online Sellers.

Other Weebly Sellers may be able to speak to these topics in greater detail than we can here.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 35 of 35