x
Beta Member

Can I create a category page with a category description?

I'm trying to work out a way to create a page that displays a description of a category and all of the items in that category. The standard category pages don't seem to offer an option to include a description, and I can't figure out a way to create a custom page that automatically lists all the items in a category.

Has anyone figured out a way to do this?

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Doesnโ€™t seem to be currently possible, have you tried featured items on a custom page? 

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Thanks. That's most likely what I'll do.

It's extra work for me, because I'd have to update the featured items block every time I add a product to that category.

But at least it's easy for the customer, which is what really matters.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hi @Ben_Deutsch, thanks for your post!

At the moment, it isn't possible to display a category description and all of the items in that category on the same page. There are a workaround that might be helpful!

You can add a Blank page to your website, named it "Category" for example. Within this, add a Text and image section.

Screenshot 2021-04-06 at 11.27.02.png

Screenshot 2021-04-06 at 11.28.24.png

Screenshot 2021-04-06 at 12.43.01.png

Using this, you'll be able to add images, name and description, You can also enable a button CTA and link it with your category page. 

Screenshot 2021-04-06 at 12.43.46.png

That brings us to category page. These pages are created automatically based on the category you have created, so there is no further action you need to take! Each category page will list all the items within that category. One thing to note: if you are not seeing your category pages, make sure you're using a Shop All template for your website. You can find out more about switching templates here

Screenshot 2021-04-06 at 12.45.40.png

I hope this will help!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 4