x

Change type of store

Hi everyone, new here ๐Ÿ˜€ and so not tech-savvy ๐Ÿฅด

Iโ€™ve just signed up and did the โ€œhelp us chooseโ€ to get the type of site thatโ€™s best for meโ€ฆ I donโ€™t know if Iโ€™m describing it right: I could choose one thatโ€™s just linked to Instagram, or a full website?

i chose the Instagram one, but Iโ€™ve changed my mind and want to do a regular website that I can just send ppl to from anywhere: Instagram or Facebook shop etc. 

how to I change it? 

Message 1 of 3
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @MatildasMum,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community ๐Ÿ™‚

When getting started with Square Online, youโ€™ll be first prompted to select the page setup type that best suits your needs, however this just forms the basic template that your website uses - this is all completely changeable via the web editor (Click on "Website" then "Edit Site"). Once you've initially selected the base template, there isn't a way to press a button to go back to a different base template - you'd need to use the web editor to add/remove elements and sections of the site to change how the website looks manually and customise things until you get a result you're happy with. It shouldn't take too much work, basically you'd swap out the more Instagram-looking elements with website-looking ones.

In helping you to get the hang of using the Website Editor to change the appearance of your website, I'd first recommend watching this video and reading over this guide to using the Website Editor.

I'd have a play around with it and see how you go! If you're having any trouble you can reach out directly to our support team for further guidance on 1800 760 137, lines are open Mon-Fri AEDT. Or feel free to ask more question via our forum here!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3

Best Answer

Thanks Seamus! Thatโ€™s a huge help ๐Ÿ˜€ Iโ€™ll also check out those resources, thank you 

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @MatildasMum,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community ๐Ÿ™‚

When getting started with Square Online, youโ€™ll be first prompted to select the page setup type that best suits your needs, however this just forms the basic template that your website uses - this is all completely changeable via the web editor (Click on "Website" then "Edit Site"). Once you've initially selected the base template, there isn't a way to press a button to go back to a different base template - you'd need to use the web editor to add/remove elements and sections of the site to change how the website looks manually and customise things until you get a result you're happy with. It shouldn't take too much work, basically you'd swap out the more Instagram-looking elements with website-looking ones.

In helping you to get the hang of using the Website Editor to change the appearance of your website, I'd first recommend watching this video and reading over this guide to using the Website Editor.

I'd have a play around with it and see how you go! If you're having any trouble you can reach out directly to our support team for further guidance on 1800 760 137, lines are open Mon-Fri AEDT. Or feel free to ask more question via our forum here!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

Best Answer

Thanks Seamus! Thatโ€™s a huge help ๐Ÿ˜€ Iโ€™ll also check out those resources, thank you 

Message 3 of 3