x

Feature Request - Order Cut Off Times, Specific Delivery & Pickup Time frames, pre orders

Hi, I'm so glad we can now enable delivery online for our home based florist business.

However we have a major problem - I don't want customers to see an estimated delivery timeframe because its wrong in the cart / checkout. We make up all orders in the morning then deliver in the afternoon in a set time frame. For now I will have to write a big disclaimer on items for people to ignore this. Please make this optional or let me pick a specific time frame on business days?

Also a request for a digital product store - I would totally use Square if you can do automatic email fulfillment and send customers a download link. I don't want to be monitoring a digital store all day for orders that I have to fulfill manually, I would want my product immediately. I will definitely switch to square when you can do this. Thanks!

Message 1 of 80
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Roselaine,

Thanks for reaching out!

We've been building out new Online Store features on a regular basis in the last couple of months, and we're prioritising development of features that are helping businesses pivot during COVID-19. Set or scheduled delivery times is a feature that's still in the works, but this one has been a popular request and is currently being worked on - while I don't have a set time frame for when it will be available, we'll release this feature once it's ready and works. We'll be posting an update here once it's available so please keep an eye out, I'll tag you in this thread too ๐Ÿ‘

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 80
79 REPLIES 79
Beta Member

Hey there.  

My first  ever post. I am just about to turn my ability to take orders on and have just realised I can't work out how to set it for customers to choose a future date to pickup or have their orders delivered. We are a cake and cupcake shop and will often have orders come in weeks and months in advance. 

Thanks so much.  

Message 64 of 80
Admin

Hey @PoppyT,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community ๐Ÿ‘‹

At the moment the ability to set future dates or pre-orders is not available via Square Online. I've moved your post to an existing thread we have on this feature request so we can continue to track all feedback in the one place!

As you can see this has been a very popular request, and I'm hopeful that it's one our team will build some further support for in the coming months. I'll be updating this thread and tagging everyone in it so that you'll all receive a notification once Square has more news to share here. 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 65 of 80
Beta Member

Hey Seamus 

I worked it out.  Super simple in the end.  Customer can choose dates and time before they even select their product. I'm happy now.  

Message 66 of 80
Admin

@PoppyT glad you got things going - I may have been overthinking your initial request ๐Ÿ™‚

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 67 of 80

How did you do this? 

PLS HELP 

Message 68 of 80

How many years of ppl do you need to actually make a change...this is kinda ridicules now!

i don't even think your support team are even trying to do better, me thinks you should look for more passionate ppl that want to do better and improve the experience for customers, that really at the end of the day pay for a so called support teams.

so far its just a joke and a continued flog off into a threat, that really seems to have no purpose!

really sad ๐Ÿ˜ž

square could be so much more.....

Message 69 of 80
Beta Member

Haha I think as I have my menu set up as a restaurant layout instead of shop. Either way was really easy once I worked it out

Message 70 of 80

Has anyone figured out yet how to create 1 hour window delivery and pick up time yet?

By default, right now I have so many options (every 15 mins) and creates confusion to my customers. 

How can I set it up to create 1:00-2:00, 2:00-3:00 etc 

Do I need to change how much time each item takes me to prepare?

Do I need to adjust how much time the order takes me to prepare? 

So confused.

PLEASE HELP!

Message 71 of 80
Admin

Hey @_REHEAT,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community.

At the moment set pickup time frames are not available via Square Online, however, I've moved your post to our feature request thread where we are tracking this request.

As you can see it's been a popular request, and it's one that I'm hopefully we'll see implemented in the future. Once we have more news to share here I'll be revisiting this post and tagging everyone here. Thanks for adding your voice!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 72 of 80

Hi - has this been solved? It's two years since the original feature request. As a small start up florist I am REALLY needing people to be able to order in advance and select their delivery window. Please advise asap. Thank you

Message 73 of 80

Iโ€™d start to look else where ..this has been a tread over 2 years nowโ€ฆ

they donโ€™t care or will fix..Iโ€™d start boycotting square to make a differenceโ€ฆ

Message 74 of 80
Admin

@mattjones40 @mimiandmason @Smokinmbbq @WoofGateaux I hear you!

This has been a really popular request and it's obvious from reading this thread that it's a very important feature for some businesses. I've used similar features in my own online shopping, so I also get the importance as a customer. It is in the pipeline for Square Online - though I don't have an ETA or time frame to share.

It's understandable that ultimately you've got to do what's best for your business, and thank you for continuing to share feedback about this one. As usual I'll continue to pass your feedback on, and will share any further progress updates in this thread as soon as I am able to.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 75 of 80

Just wondering if there has been any movement with the pre-order setup?

Message 76 of 80
Square Community Moderator

Hi @LizM,

We don't have an update on this feature request yet, but we'll tag you here once we have news! 

Message 77 of 80

Yep @WoofGateaux ...โ€ฆ I thought square was the answer, Being the 'new' pioneers of eftpos facilities for small business, i thought they were going to be great.. Unfortunately they are not, it seems as though they care, or don't want to try to please a customer.  It really shouldnt be too hard to create a suite of options for business to pre order for a specific date. It's a long term problem, that many users are facing. yet they don't update us of any changes.  I wish I hadn't of spent hundreds of dollars of their products now, and found some other company that actually makes progress based on customer issues/wants. 

Message 78 of 80

I kind of feel sorry for @Seamus and other admins as their company doesn't seem to care about their customers or staff...  

Message 79 of 80

same for us, it's ridiculous @Square !!!

Message 80 of 80