x

How do we put a weight on the product so correct postage can be paid

Hi,

I'm wanting to put the weight of my items on my web page so that I can charge correct postage to customers. How do I do this please

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @DoodlingS,

Thanks for reaching out!

If you're wanting to display the weight of what you're selling in Online store, the best place to add this would be the item description. Note that a total postage rate won't show on the order until the customer is finalising the payment in the online checkout flow.

If you're looking at assigning weights to items, then adding shipping rates based on an order's weight, you can do so from the Online Store Dashboard.

- To set an item's weight go to Items > Item Library then click on the item, assign a weight under "Variations" then press Save.

- To create a weight based shipping rate go to Settings > Shipping then create new shipping regions and rates under Destination Regions & Rates.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @DoodlingS,

Thanks for reaching out!

If you're wanting to display the weight of what you're selling in Online store, the best place to add this would be the item description. Note that a total postage rate won't show on the order until the customer is finalising the payment in the online checkout flow.

If you're looking at assigning weights to items, then adding shipping rates based on an order's weight, you can do so from the Online Store Dashboard.

- To set an item's weight go to Items > Item Library then click on the item, assign a weight under "Variations" then press Save.

- To create a weight based shipping rate go to Settings > Shipping then create new shipping regions and rates under Destination Regions & Rates.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 10

We have 49 items that are each a different color. Each color comes in a range of sizes: there are 6 sizes and the sizes are consistent for all of the colors (petite, small, med, etc). 

As the sizes go up, the weight and actual size for shipping increase. We do need to track inventory, as there are a limited number of sizes for each color.

We would like to list the items by color (item page), then offer a choice of sizes, which we want to set up as variations. I cannot find a way to tie variations to shipping in a way that will charge more shipping for the larger sizes listing the size variations under a single color.

Is there a way to choose a different shipping weight/box size for each individual size (variation) listed under the item?:  We use RTS, so shipping is determined at checkout based on box size, weight, and where the item is being shipped.

Here's an example:

Item Page Listing: Glass Pumpkin Spiced Orange- Choice of sizes

Variations:

Mini

Petite

Small 

Medium

Large

X-Large

Large

Message 3 of 10
Alumni

Set up weight-based rates in Shipping Settings from the Online Store Dashboard. @Seamus shows you how on this thread. 

When editing an item, create size variations and enter weight for each. Screenshot below. 

At checkout, shipping will automatically calculate based on the order's total weight. Unfortunately item size isn't incorporated in this shipping option. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Message 4 of 10

Thanks! Being able to adjust the weight helps; we will choose a box size in the middle range of what we need, so that our shipping costs (hopefully) average out for the sale of these items.

Message 5 of 10

Hi,

our items have been synced from ETSY. I can not see an option to add the shipping weight into these items ? How can I get the weight to display as I have many items that need diferent shipping options?

Thanks

Fletch

Message 6 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hey Fletch,

You can add weights to your items from your Square Online dashboard. Select Items > Site Items and select an item you'd like to edit. From there, scroll down to Fulfillment to get to the weight option: 

Please let us know how you go! 

PS. I noticed it's your first post here, welcome to the community ๐Ÿ‘‹ 

Message 7 of 10

Hello! How does the shipping get calculated if we can't input dimensions and weight of a product?

Thanks

Message 8 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi @LittlestGiftBou,

I moved your post to an existing thread that answers this question.

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first for your quickest answer!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Message 9 of 10

Im trying to find out how to do the same thing... i have weights on all my products and have a flat rate of $15 under 5kg or $20 express

and now im trying to work out how to have on my website....

under 5kg standard $15

under 5kg express $20

over 5kg standard $$

over 5kg express $$

Message 10 of 10