x
Super Seller

Items not syncing details between Square Online and Square Dashboard?

Is anyone else having trouble with their Square Online stores not syncing items correctly?

Today I had a customer say they attempted to purchase an item, but they couldn't add it to cart.

Additionally, there was a drop down (like when there is a modifier/option) but...this was a single cookie. They should have been able to choose the quantity and add to cart.

I went back and checked and all the settings were correct in the dashboard. Then I went and checked online and it said that it wasn't set to a location so it couldn't be fulfilled and I should go to the dashboard.

But...the dashboard had it set to the right location!?

Colour me confused, y'all!

I ended up deleting the item re-adding it, so it's finally showing up but I'm wondering what the heck happened and if anyone else has experienced something like this!

Lenore
LenJo Bakes in Kitchener, ON
Let's connect on Instagram!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hello @lenjobakes

Please let us know if this happens again. 

If it does, send over the link to the item you're having issues with and I'll be happy to take a look.

Thank you. 

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8
Super Seller

For sure, @frances_a! Square Online has been a bit of a toughie for us lately - things aren't syncing, they aren't saving, they aren't appearing where they should.

It's a bit frustrating if I'm honest! Are there updates or something going on? Just so we know to double check. I've had that item on as a pre-order and didn't realize that the slower orders were because folks legit couldn't add it to cart until someone told me today.

Lenore
Message 3 of 8

I understand and am sorry about that experience. 

As far as I'm aware, there are no major updates going on, but we regularly fix things and make small updates. 

But many things can cause bugs and issues, including the complexity of a site and settings.  

I would highly recommend reaching out to support and having them take a look at your site and settings. They would be able to suggest changes you can make to avoid issues and report bugs if you are experiencing any. 

Thank you, we appreciate all you do @lenjobakes

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Message 4 of 8
Beta Member

I am also having an issue with new items added last week on my POS but not showing up online.

Message 5 of 8

Hello, @BakingLife. 

We’d be more than happy to take a look into this with you. Sorry to hear you are encountering issues with your Square Online Items. Can you please provide me with the name of the items you are not seeing on your website so we can take a look for you?

We will be on the lookout for your reply. Thanks. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 6 of 8
Beta Member

I have quite a few items I added into my inventory on the POS last week, today I was looking for them on my website but they aren't there, they don't exsist on my online site.  

Message 7 of 8
Super Seller

Hey @BakingLife!

When you're navigating through your online store's item library, have you already added the items from your POS?

The POS item library and the online store library doesn't automatically sync. However, you can easily add items from your library (as shown in the following photo).

lenjobakes_0-1676781996081.png

Tag me (type @ and then my name) to let me know! Hopefully we're able to resolve this issue for you.

Lenore
Message 8 of 8