x

Need help from Sellers - how do you get around not being able to assign different shipping rates

Hi Sellers

I've had a weebly website as a portfolio for years and now am new to selling with Square online and have just discovered I can't set up multiple shipping rates domestically and internationally for different items. An example is one of my items is a small framed artwork and it costs $20.65 to send express in Australia and $53.70 to send Standard post to US and Canada.  If I do a custom profile I can only add one shipping rate. If I do a default shipping profile it has to be only for items not with a custom profile - so everything else. And I can only assign one custom profile to one item, instead of being able to add more profiles for different rates and countries. I also have different sized items to sell, some very small, some are prints in tubes and some larger framed artworks.

I had the Square people tell me they've sent a request to the team about this. However, I searched through the seller community and and it appears this has been an issue for years with 'requests being sent through to the team' and nothing has been done about it. I also emailed Square and they just gave me the generic response about how to add shipping rates. So after wasting time setting up my shop it looks like I will be leaving Square, but I'd really like to know how you all work with this. Do you only ship in Australia? Do you just have to offer one rate for everything and overcharge customers or do you just offer free shipping and increase your prices on all your items to cover international rates and therefore overcharge for Australian customers. I'm confused as to how the shipping rates on Square Online could actually work for anyone?  Please let me know if it works for you and how you do it?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

I am trying to do this too and it seems like a really basic piece of functionality that should be part of an ecommerce solution. I'm frustrated that I've started to setup this site, only to discover I have to choose between a domestic or an international shipping rate. I've just spent weeks trying to get them to resolve domain migration issues with SSL certificates not bein installed and now this... looks like I'll have to find another solution as this is not acceptable for me.

Message 2 of 2