x

No Cookie Consent option

Hi,

I'm required to set up a GDPR-compliant cookie consent banner but when I click on the link, or follow the guide, and go to site settings there's no Cookie Consent option there.

I found a post saying it may have been moved to Tracking Tools but it's not there either.

Could someone please tell me where I would find the Cookie Consent options?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Before I escalate this further @DottyEarl, can you try some troubleshooting steps for me? This usually help with not seeing the Cookie Consent option:

• Make sure your browser is up to date.
  • Clear the cache on your browser. Access the Help menu of your browser to locate step-by-step instructions.
  • Switch to a supported browser, such as Google Chrome.
  • If you're using a mobile device to access your Square Online site, please try using browser on a computer or laptop instead.

If you've run through all these steps and are still not seeing the option, can you let me know:

• The exact version of your web browser. To find this, visit whatwebbrowser.com.
  • Confirm the device you’re using (PC, Mac, iPad, Android device, etc.)
  • A screenshot of what you're seeing. 
Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hi @DottyEarl, thanks for your post! We've made some changes to setting up cookie banners recently. Now, in order to do so:

1. From your Square Online site overview, click into Website > Site Preferences

Screenshot 2021-11-29 at 11.07.13.png

2. Scroll down and select Change cookie consent

Screenshot 2021-11-29 at 11.07.32.png

3. You can either use the free banner provided by our partner Cookiebot, upgrade to a premium banner or use a custom banner code.

Screenshot 2021-11-29 at 11.08.22.png
  4. If you select custom banner code, you'll be prompted to enter your code. Just copy and paste the code from your cookie banner provider before clicking Save.

Screenshot 2021-11-29 at 11.09.02.png

5. Make sure to republish the site after so that the changes will take effect.

I hope this will help! 

Tra
Message 2 of 5

Hi Tranguyen,

Thank you for your reply but the problem is that there's no 'Cookie Consent' option.

Under Website -> Site Preferences I have the following sections:-

Site Address

Site Title

Site Icon

Site QR Code

Favicon

Pasword Protection

Unpublish

Reset to Default

There's no Cookie Consent option.

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Best Answer

Before I escalate this further @DottyEarl, can you try some troubleshooting steps for me? This usually help with not seeing the Cookie Consent option:

• Make sure your browser is up to date.
  • Clear the cache on your browser. Access the Help menu of your browser to locate step-by-step instructions.
  • Switch to a supported browser, such as Google Chrome.
  • If you're using a mobile device to access your Square Online site, please try using browser on a computer or laptop instead.

If you've run through all these steps and are still not seeing the option, can you let me know:

• The exact version of your web browser. To find this, visit whatwebbrowser.com.
  • Confirm the device you’re using (PC, Mac, iPad, Android device, etc.)
  • A screenshot of what you're seeing. 
Tra
Message 4 of 5

Hi Tranguyen,

I've cleared the cache and it now appears.

Thank you for your help.

Dotty

Message 5 of 5