x
Super Seller

Online Delivery Orders declining payments

Hi All, is anyone having issue with Online Delivery payment processing being declined. 

This was first reported by a customer at around 1pm 12.06.2021 and again at 4.30pm.

I have had 2 customers call to advise that the website is declining their card. It only declines when placing a delivery order.

I have republished the website and turned delivery's off and on again and still rejects my card.

The weird part is it process the payment when the order is pickup.

Can anyone assist urgently.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 15
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the feedback and sincere apologies for the issues you saw with delivery orders.  

Our engineering team has already deployed a fix for this issue, and online orders should be able to be processed normally. We understand how frustrating these issues can be, and are learning from these incidents. 

If you're still experiencing issues with your Square Online store, please reach out to our support team on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time), or contact us via online chat or email

@dimo10 @MyrtlegroveFarm @temporarymadeup @Rancho

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Yes this is happening to us as well. Have had several customers call to complain that their payment is being declined for delivery. Pickup however is working just fine. I also tested with my own card and it is being declined so this is a legitimate issue. We are a restaurant and Saturday night is our busiest night. This is not good enough Square!

Message 2 of 15

Square is reporting no incidents when clearly this is not true:

https://au.issquareup.com

Message 3 of 15
Super Seller

I Still can't process delivery orders.

Capture.JPG

Message 4 of 15

Me neither

Message 5 of 15

Yes, probably for several days, we only found out because a customer we know contacted us. 

Our workaround is a big banner on the site saying that square is having technical issues, and linking to a manual order form. We plan on taking payment using the square reader on delivery. 

This is a repeat problem, the last time was a few months back and lasted 3 days or so. 

Square are slow, unresponsive and unaccountable. It may well be a problem with Weebly but never seems to get properly resolved. 

Hopefully this will go away again and won't resurface for a good long time. Don't hold your breath. 

Angelo's Daughter

Brisbane, Australia

Message 6 of 15

Here is a link to the Square complaints process

https://squareup.com/help/au/en/article/6064-complaints-process

Message 7 of 15

Yep still the same issue tonight. Online delivery payments are being declined. And still no word from Square, which is disappointing to say the least

Message 8 of 15

Best Answer

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the feedback and sincere apologies for the issues you saw with delivery orders.  

Our engineering team has already deployed a fix for this issue, and online orders should be able to be processed normally. We understand how frustrating these issues can be, and are learning from these incidents. 

If you're still experiencing issues with your Square Online store, please reach out to our support team on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time), or contact us via online chat or email

@dimo10 @MyrtlegroveFarm @temporarymadeup @Rancho

Message 9 of 15

That’s it?

Message 10 of 15

I am having this same issue, not just for delivery method but for all methods of shipping, pick up etc on my website. I have had customers complain and when i tried to do one for myself with the correct information and funds available it is declining. 

This is really not acceptable especially for small businesses who rely on there website as an income. I can see here and also on an online forum that this is a constant ongoing issue.

When will this be fixed?? We are comong into the christmas periid where it is going ro be extremely busy with online shopping and not fair for us to missout on sales because you cannot get your website issue fixed permanently.

Sorry for the rant but seriously should not be an ongoing issue

Message 11 of 15

Hi @JasmineM8,

Thank you for taking the time to write in to the Seller Community, and sorry to hear you're having trouble with your online orders. While a fix for the particular issue in this thread has been rolled out, there might be some other troubleshooting steps, and testing our team can look at with you, and file a ticket with our eCom team if necessary. You can reach support on 1800 760 137, and our lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time. Alternatively, you can send us a team here

Message 12 of 15
Super Seller

48 hours since first reported the issue and still not resolved.

We still have zero response to this forum or email support. Wondering if I need to look for a third party to provide my eComm solution. I thought square would be it but looks like paying someone for support over a weekend is too much for them. Disappointed to say the least.

Message 13 of 15

Hi - discovered the issue this morning when customers contacted us.

Nothing reported on incidents - as Rancho indicated above.

Just had a response via chat help that there was an SO bug that has been resolved.  

Not receiving a lot of support - tried to get some insight about number of abandoned carts, and was told to upgrade my plan.

I've put messages on all the social media accounts about getting some help - no response yet.

Message 14 of 15
Super Seller

Thank you so much, I can confirm that we are now operational also.

Big thanks for jumping on chat.

Message 15 of 15