x

Online Store domain issues - SSL time frames and troubleshooting DNS settings

hi, I recently changed my domain name using crazy domains. I have the i.p pointed to the right address (i think) but am getting a not taking payments message on my site and it also shows as not secure (since I've changed). Does it take a few days for ssl cert to be activated (im to weebly will do this as they don't accept third party ssl certs)??

Message 1 of 55
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Bekh,

Yes, it can take 1-2 business days to process the SSL certificate. As long as you've followed the steps as per here and here you should be good to go, it may take a couple of days for the certificate to configure.

Let us know if nothing has changed within the next couple of business days and our support team can check into it further!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 11 of 55

Best Answer

@Rusticnsoul I had the same issue and what resolved it is was adding an A-record for the root domain.  You would need to add the A-record through your domain provider. So the same place that the www record was added, you should have an option to add a record for the root domain (sometimes it will be * or @ ). This needs to be pointed to the same IP address as the first A-record.

Once you have done that you need to republish your site.  Hopefully it works for you.  Let me know how you go.

@Seamus might be worth while updating the online help with this potential solution if others are facing the same "Not Secure" issue.

View Best Answer >

Message 25 of 55
54 REPLIES 54
Admin

Hey @JakeTOA,

It's a little difficult for me to look into this one via our community forum, I've moved your post to this thread which has some more tips for troubleshooting domain issues.

Has your domain provider given any indication of what specifically the issue with the redirect is? Eg A Records, CNAMEs?

We do have a general guide on pointing domains here - it should contain every step you need to complete to point the domain, hopefully combined with some of the tips in this thread you can get things figured out! Let me know how you go!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 43 of 55

Hi, 

My SSL has never been applied properly to my Square/Weebly website on custom domain (Crazy domains). I have asked them and they are adamant that the SSL needs to be applied by the website publisher (Square).  

www.commandmouthguards.com.au

Any ideas on how I can make this happen are welcome. I have tried a few things, but need some support (new to this). And the support from Square is, let's say, hard to find. ๐Ÿ˜•

Thanks

Message 44 of 55
Admin

Hey @Command,

Sorry to hear, this sounds frustrating!

I've moved your message to this thread, which has a few suggested solutions for SSL issues on the first page. The first links to Square's guides to make sure you've set everything up correctly, the second is a post by another Square seller @fandrews, who was able to fix the issue by adding A-records.

Can you confirm if these steps have been taken and if they help?

If you'd like to get in touch with support, you can do so on 1800 760 137. Lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 45 of 55
Beta Member

hi command, Is your website still with square? 

Message 46 of 55

Non-custom domain, website worked fine, could process payments/orders.

Got a custom domain. Website is saying not secure and won't allow me to process payments or accept orders.

I have my domain DNS all directed to the correct IP as advised (*, @ & www) but it didn't work.

Square said speak to host, spoke to crazy domain, they removed it, then re-added it. Still not secure.

Now Crazy Domain are telling me to speak to Square/Weebly, but they have already said to speak to the domain host....

Help?

Tags (1)
Message 47 of 55
Admin

Hey @Alistai,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I've moved your thread to this one, which has a couple of suggested solution for this issue - if you've only recently pointed/transferred your domain to Square Online it may take a few business days to populate the SSL certificate. Did you point or transfer the domain, and how long ago did you do this?

Alternatively, Community member @fandrews has offered an alternative solution when the issue lies with domain A Records, which may also be the issue!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 48 of 55

Hey Seamus,

Thanks for that. I will check again but I think I have already tried this and the issue is still persisting.

If this continues who can I contact to escalate the issue?

Thanks

Message 49 of 55
Admin

Hey @Alistai,

If none of the potential solutions in this thread work, please get in touch with our support team for further assistance. You call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time) or email via this form ๐Ÿ‘

You can also get in touch with live chat via:

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squareup.com/help/au/en/contact

3. Go to "Other"" then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Message Us"

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 50 of 55

Thanks Seamus!

Message 51 of 55
Beta Member

How did you go? I am having a similar issue with my .com.au domain. I have added A records for

@

and my site is still insecure.

Message 52 of 55
Square Community Moderator

Hi @HairProHairCo thanks for reaching out here!

Just a reminder to include the '@' before entering in a user's name, otherwise, it won't tag them in your comment and they may miss it!

Once you have updated your DNS settings, it can take up to 24 - 48 hours before the SSL certificate is fully configured on your website. If you're still experiencing issues after this period, it's worthwhile reaching out to our Support Team as they'll be able to dive into your Square Online settings with you over the phone.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Message 53 of 55

@Seamus I have published my website and it has been live for over a week. I had a lady try and do an order today and I also tried to do a test order. we are able to add things to our cart and fill out payment details but when we press pay it just kind of refreshes the page and doesn't allow the payment to go any further. (I hope that makes sense) 

I looked up the issue and it said it could possibly be with the SSL but I am unsure how to fix it. It is not an ideal time as orders are due in tonight, 

Any suggestions on how to fix it so payments can go through would be fantastic. I dont understand what the A records is and how to do it. 

Thank you. 

Message 54 of 55
Admin

Hey @Simone-TPH,

Thanks for reaching out, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your online store.

This one doesn't sound like a domain issue, and to be honest I'm not quite sure what would be happening here - my best advice is to contact our support team, who will be able to take a better look into your account back end and setup to see what's going on. Unfortunately this is something we're not able to do via our public community forum.

You can call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time), or contact us via online chat or email:

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squareup.com/help/au/en/contact

3. Go to "Other" then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Message us" or "Email us"

Please feel free to report back if you get a solution from support, as it may help other sellers who see similar issues in the future ๐Ÿ™‚

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 55 of 55