x
Beta Member

Online pricing different

I’d like to have different pricing for certain items online than what is current pricing for in person sales. Is there a way to update the pricing online without it changing on the POS app? 

Message 1 of 5
Report Inappropriate Content
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Ruby4, thank you for your post, I'd be happy to help.

At the moment, there isn't a way to add different pricing for the same item on both the POS app and the Square Online website. This is a feature request. But we will pass on your suggestion to our team to better improve our products. 

However, you can create a duplicate of the same items that you'd like to sell on both the POS and your website and make them differently priced. Just make sure to make one of the two duplicated items unavailable in the Item Setting on your Square Online Overview page. Once there, make sure to select 'Hidden" under item availability, which will hide the items from being displayed on your website. See the screenshot below. 

Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 16.12.27.png

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Thank you for getting back to me. It would definitely be a great feature to have! 

Unfortunately I don’t think the work around would be beneficial as we also use the POS to monitor stock levels. So if we set up a duplicate item with separate  pricing, both items would need to share the same stock count. Is there a way to do this? 

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Just taking over for Skyler @Ruby4

Thanks for letting us know, unfortunately, there would be no way to merge the stock of two different items. 

To track inventory, Square Sync needs to be enabled which means item prices from the POS will sync to your Online Store also. 

I would suggest raising the two different prices as a feature request so that our product team can consider it for future updates. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 4 of 5

Unless I have misunderstood your setup but........How about setting up permanent discount for the in person sales in Square Dashboard, this will not be reflected in Square online which (smomewhat annoying for me) works off its own discount rules which I have to maintain in both dashboard and online in paralell. 

Message 5 of 5