x

Printing online orders

Hey guys

I'm really struggling with printing orders.  I see there is a function to automatically get online orders printed but is that only with the special printer?  Can we print from desktop automatically for it to print to my printer?  Or I'd love for the 'Export orders' CSV simply state the Shipping code on it - is this possible?  I've set these codes up to relate to the 27 classes in our primary school of 650 students so that I can deliver them.  Oh and printing individual orders when you have 50 per week is a nightmare.  I just want to Print all.

Ideas??

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @Hpsuniforms,

Nice to see you again and thanks for the feedback! 

Automatic order printing would indeed need to be done via the Square Point of Sale App connected to a compatible receipt/ticket printer, while the POS app is open and running. You can read more about this feature here.

The intended use case here I'd say is more in line with a busy takeaway shop, who may be receiving orders for delivery or pickup from their website while also processing in store payments. So this way online orders will print sequentially and fit into the flow of order preparation alongside in-store ones. While this may not be the most ideal solution for a school uniform shop, with the right hardware you could still give it a shot - you'd need to set up the POS, make sure your iPad is powered and set to not go to sleep, then order tickets can print automatically as they are placed.

Regarding the shipping code in a CSV - this isn't something I've tried, but if the field doesn't appear in the exported spreadsheet then unfortunately it's not a field that can be generated within that spreadsheet. Happy to pass on the feedback here though!

In terms of printing from the Square Dashboard or Online Overview - I'm not sure how viable a bulk print option would be there, as it would be the web browser controlling the printing of a web page, rather than Square itself. In theory, if we supported PDF order generation it'd probably be technically possible to generate a bulk PDF with all your current orders, or orders between set dates. I'm not sure how likely that would be to happen or where a feature like this would sit in our priority list for Square Online, however I will move your thread to the Feature Requests board and we can continue to track similar request here - if we can see there's lots of demand for a feature it's more likely to make it into the development pipeline!

While I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help here, thanks for checking in and hope you have a good evening 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2