x

Seen by Google

Dear Community,

I have started my Square online store at the same time as my Instagram and FaceBook account. It's been over 3 weeks now. My store name is The Lobster Kingdom with website thelobsterkingdom.com.au. All my social account is referring to the same website with same username @thelobsterkingdom.

I found even till today, all my social accounts are easily discoverable on Google. If I search "The Lobster Kingdom FB" or "The Lobster Kingdom Instagram", they all came up as first search result. Even they are quite new accounts, they have unique names. However when I try to search "The Lobster Kingdom Square Store", my store/website won't show up no matter what. 

Is there anything that I am not doing correctly thus not getting indexed by Google? The only difference I could think of is the website runs on its own domain purchased via Square. I understand if I just search "Buy lobster online", my store probably won't show up because it is page ranking. But when you search "The Lobster Kingdom Square Store", I am pretty sure it should come up because it is a unique name, just like my other social accounts.

Please advise anything that I should do to make my store found on Google.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @wangjueliang,

SEO can be complicated! When thinking about what your customers are going to actually search for, it's pretty unlikely anyone is going to search for "The Lobster Kingdom Square Store" - your customers probably don't know or care who your online store provider is, and SEO is based on what people are likely to search for.

I tried searching "The Lobster Kingdom Seafood" and you were on the front page!

Meanwhile "The Lobster Kingdom Melbourne" gave your website as the 3rd result, after FB and Instagram. I wouldn't be too worried, it looks like SEO is doing it's job - you've just got to think about what your customers would be looking for to get a gauge on how well it's working 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @wangjueliang,

SEO can be complicated! When thinking about what your customers are going to actually search for, it's pretty unlikely anyone is going to search for "The Lobster Kingdom Square Store" - your customers probably don't know or care who your online store provider is, and SEO is based on what people are likely to search for.

I tried searching "The Lobster Kingdom Seafood" and you were on the front page!

Meanwhile "The Lobster Kingdom Melbourne" gave your website as the 3rd result, after FB and Instagram. I wouldn't be too worried, it looks like SEO is doing it's job - you've just got to think about what your customers would be looking for to get a gauge on how well it's working 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 9

Thank you Seamus! I can also see it this week from Google Search.

Thanks again for your prompted response.

Message 3 of 9

Hi Seamus,

Is there a way that I can check the website's uptime?

Sometimes I get customer calls that the website won't load from their phones.

Cheers,

Message 4 of 9
Admin

Hey @wangjueliang,

I'm not aware of any way to do this unfortunately - have you been able to replicate the issue at all or get a screenshot from a customer that shows the error they are seeing? Does it seem restricted to phones? 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 5 of 9

I couldn't replicate the issue. Customer can work around by restarting the browser. I feel like it's DNS cache issue but just wonder why it happens at all.

Message 6 of 9
Admin

@wangjueliang Thanks for the feedback. To be honest I'm not sure why this might happen, I will share your experience with our Ecommerce team.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 7 of 9

I tried searching up my store, Ell, and I couldn’t find it anywhere. It is Ell-shopping.square.site and is a cosmetics store.

How will it come up?

Message 8 of 9
Admin

Hey @Ell-Cosmetics,

Thanks for reaching out

While we're not specially able to help improve your website's SEO and get you to the top of Google results, we do provide some SEO resources to help optimise your website to appear in search results.

We've got some Square Online SEO tips here, this document builds upon some basics also listed in the Weebly SEO Gudie.

You could also look at hiring an SEO consultant to help, however there is a lot you can do to improve things yourself via those guide. I'd also recommend having a look for SEO guides online than can provide general best practice advice non specific to Square Online websites.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 9 of 9