x

Set retail and wholesale price of one item to track inventory accuratelu

How can I set a retail price and a wholesale price for one item for inventory reasons.

I really need to know how much stock I have on hand easily.

I also use the invoicing features for wholesale so I would like them to be easy to read without discount prices all over them.

I feel this should be easy!

Have tried variations, have tried modifiers, have tried discounts but none work for accurate wholesale invoicing and inventory tracking.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @OutbackFudge,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

At the moment there's unfortunately no way to set different prices for items (eg retail vs wholesale) while managing the items from the same inventory.

You could replicate your item list and set different prices by creating a new location - it doesn't have to be a physical location, you could call it "Wholesale" and use it for purely for the purposes of having a seperate price list for a seperate group of customers. The downside here as you've suggested though, is that setting things up this way won't share inventory levels. It could be a solution though if you are OK to assign different stock levels to different customer bases - it wouldn't be as elegant as the solution you're looking for, but it may be a different way of approaching the problem if you've not yet checked this out.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Thank you.

I thought this would be the answer as I have tried everything.

I think a manual stock adjustment is the best solution for my circumstance although time consuming unfortunately.

Message 3 of 4

Hi @OutbackFudge, we are in the same boat - except we set up wholesale and retail as variations and that is now coming back to bite us as we now realise that what we should do is just make our wholesale a % off our retail - even though that may not truly reflect the cost of production variances across the product line we have (jams and chutneys). Our issue is trying to cheaply give our retailers access to our products online for ordering, while at the same time have a single source of inventory. You would think this was retail 101 and Square was all over it with a solution.. by now... but no, they prefer to buy Afterpay and try and use the transaction data to sell me loans I don't want..

Message 4 of 4