x

Slow category page

Hi Squareup Community

I’ve been reading with interest a number of comments that website speeds are very slow.

In my instance, it is a particular Category that is slow, not my website in general. I sell one-of-a-kind items so I have lots of individual items and lots of photos. The category in question is my largest one with around 100 items and approx 500 photos. I am in the process of re-photographing and compressing file sizes (I didn’t know it was a “thing” 🤣) but I’m worried it won’t make much difference to speed based on the comments I’ve read.

Is there a way I can test? perhaps an app or diagnostic tool that suggests fixes? Re-photographing also means ironing all my stock and I’m literally talking days worth of work and I’ll be rather annoyed if it doesn’t improve the situation 😬

Thank you

Sarah, Bohemian Ways

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @sjh2010

Welcome back to the Community. 

This is a great question, but there isn't an official app that I can recommend. Whenever you experience the slow category, is it on any website browser or device?

Since the category has so many items and images, it will take a but longer to load. Is there an option to split the category again?

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2