x

Square Online: How to resolve opening time error

There is a discrepancy of 30mins between the opening times I entered in Settings: Pickup & delivery; Edit location: Pickup & delivery hours and what appears on the store website. See screenshots below. The Timezone setting (America -St John's) is correct for Newfoundland.

Any ideas, thanks?

edit hours.jpg

website opening times.jpg

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

After further investigation if I set Timezone (in Edit Location as before) to anything else apart from the correct one (America - St Johns) e.g. Toronto, Regina, Halifax then the correct hours appear on the website!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Best Answer

After further investigation if I set Timezone (in Edit Location as before) to anything else apart from the correct one (America - St Johns) e.g. Toronto, Regina, Halifax then the correct hours appear on the website!

Message 2 of 8
Admin

Thank you for returning to share the solution @twowhales! I hope all is well with you in Newfoundland. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 8

We are still having problems!

Opening time is 11.00amOpening time is 11.00am

Our opening times are still set to 11.00am-3.00pm as in the image sent in a previous post. The time zone is America-St John's. However the online shop screen shows customers they can pickup from 10.30am, which is of course 30 mins too early! Changing the timezone does not make any difference. When they do make an order the correct time is given.... 11.05am (with a 5min prep time).

Obviously there is a bug in the software which needs looking at. The problem comes when customers who have not ordered turn up at 10.30am expecting us to be open (they don't necessarily read the opening times lower down the screen) or call us asking us if they can come for a coffee when its only 10.30am.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi @twowhales we keep running into each other today! 

I checked with engineering and this is a known issue at the moment. They are actively working toward a resolution, but in the meantime you can turn off the location information display in the website editor to hide your hours or you can add a text section above your items to display your work hours.

I will try to monitor this issue and let you know as soon as I see it resolved. Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 8

Thanks Ashley - good to know. Thanks for the work-arounds—I will check them out.

While they are fixing that maybe they will take into account the order pickup error that came through this morning. As you can see from the screenshot of the order email the pickup time is 9.45am (we are still opening at 11am) and the order was sent in at 11.30am. Thanks.

pickup time error.jpg

Message 6 of 8

We are having similar issue but here is a no fix for this. Is there any known solution available?

Message 7 of 8

We are having similar issue but here is a no fix for this. Is there any known solution available?

Message 8 of 8