x
Beta Member

Afterpay says customer declined but they are not really.

Wondering if anyone else has this issue of using Afterpay but when customer gets the email and opens up their afterpay it says declined. Customer i sent invoice to which was within his amount says declined which he said no he has lots of room in his afterpay goes down the road to my competitor and gets approved thru afterpay. Has anyone else had this same issue? Square support says it`s all working on their side

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Craiger44,

Welcome to the Seller Community! ๐Ÿฅณ We are so happy to have you here. While you are here, we recommend checking out our Orientation & Etiquette

As for the Afterpay declining, this can happen from time to time if the information that they provided in any of the billing / shipping information does not match what is listed in their Afterpay account. 

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

So come to find out I have lost 3 customers this past week who went to my competitor and bought thru afterpay, when I called in support they have no idea about afterpay and after 2 hours on the phone they said nothing they can do. They gave me a 1855 number to call which does not work at all and when I told the CSR call it she was surprised that the number her own employer Square was giving her bogus information.

Message 3 of 3