x

Square Online: "Shipping address not supported/The store does not ship to the provided address"

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Uk orders no longer going through

Im UK based, this started about 7 weeks ago and despite occasionall emails from Square Support it is still ongoing.

This started randomly and now effects all UK orders (US ones seem to be fine)

the customer will get to checkout and be told that there address particularly the postcode is not accepted for shipping.

One minute square blame Google the next they have no idea. I can't go on like this loosing business and it seems no nearer to being fixed. Is anyone else having this issue. I was happy with square and my online shop but after 2 months and many escalated cases no end is in sight. Support is slow and unhelpful despite many screenshots sent. With a heavy heart I'm off to shopify I have no choice! Square seem to either not be interested or have given up which is unacceptable either way! Anyone else had this?

Message 1 of 94
Report Inappropriate Content
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

Hi everyone!

I just want to follow up and let you know that our engineering team has made the manual address entry the default for shipping at checkout. This will prevent customers from getting error message about their addresses not being supported. The change has been rolled out yesterday and is currently live on all sites. 

I appreciate your patience as our team worked to resolve this. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 51 of 94
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @starfishecoshop, thanks for your patience. 

I escalated this to our engineering team but they have confirmed nothing is amiss with your site and they were unable to reproduce the issue on our end, they put through a succesful order with one of the postcodes you provided. I also entered both postcodes over a few different days at checkout and didn't recieve any error messages. 

We would suggest ensuring customers are providing the correct details, checking for typos and have them double check there is no issues with their browers

If you do see this come up again, in order to invesigate further we would need more specific details such as confirmation the customer has troubleshooted their browser, the exact browser version they are using, the model device they are using and if possible either a screenshot or a video showing the error. 

Thank you. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question

View Best Answer >

Message 63 of 94
93 REPLIES 93
Admin

Sorry this was missed @aurore! This sounds like a known issue that our engineering team are actively working on. From my last chat with them, they're testing the fix to ensure that it'll fully resolve the problem before rolling it out.

In the meantime, if customers encounter this error message, that usually because they're using the autocomplete address dropdown. At check out, they should see an option to manually enter their address which usually help resolve any error. You can find out more about this here

Tra
Message 43 of 94

HI

Im getting feed back from customers that they are getting a error message at checkout that states there is an incomplete shipping address even where the customer has confirmed their address in the auto address list. they then cant change it or adjust it for the system to approve it. This is turning customers away from the site. I cant do anything at my end. Is there any advice please.

Message 44 of 94
Admin

Hi @GeoffHun, thank you for raising this! This is a known issue that our engineering team are actively working on. At the moment, we're testing the fix to ensure that it will resolve the problem before rolling it out fully.

In the meantime, they have added an option for customers to enter their address manually when getting an error. I've merged your post with an existing thread where we're tracking this issue. You can find the temporary fix in my verified answer on the thread here

Tra
Message 45 of 94

Am I right in thinking this has been a problem since July? The comments in this thread go back to then. If it was a problem when I signed up I think I want a refund because I would not have signed up had I known. This is not the sort of problem I would have expected nor would I still expect it to be a problem. Can you let me know who to contact regarding a refund please.

Message 46 of 94
Admin

Hi @GeoffHunt, you can find the contact details for our Support team here. They will be able to assist you further with your subscriptions. 

Tra
Message 47 of 94
Super Seller

Tra - really really needs looking at.  Wix. Shopify are enticing - I’m even thinking of using dreamweaver and suffixing.  

Message 48 of 94

Hi GeoffHunt,

I've had two customers (that I know of, - others may have given up in frustration) that have entered their full address and phone number manually (as now required) and got to the final stage, clicked Place Order, only to then get the error message "incomplete shipping address."

This is glitch is obviously still ongoing.

Did you get a fix for it and/or any refund?

Thanks.

Message 49 of 94
Super Seller

PANTS - isn’t it. I love square but this needs looking at. Postcodes. Gaps - delivery to only those in area.  It’s a smooth ride until client data and payment input. - x

Message 50 of 94
Admin

Best Answer

Hi everyone!

I just want to follow up and let you know that our engineering team has made the manual address entry the default for shipping at checkout. This will prevent customers from getting error message about their addresses not being supported. The change has been rolled out yesterday and is currently live on all sites. 

I appreciate your patience as our team worked to resolve this. 

Tra
Message 51 of 94

Hi,

I've had two customers (that I know of, - others may have given up in frustration) that have entered their full address and phone number manually (as now required) and got to the final stage, clicked Place Order, only to then get the error message "incomplete shipping address." This is glitch is obviously still ongoing.

As a new start up business, I can't afford to lose orders! Square please investigate this and sort it out.

My website is https/starfisheco.co.uk   

Message 52 of 94
Super Seller

I just tried it and it worked for me - I used auto fill and then manually.  But i didn’t proceeed to payment - would you like me to go through to payment ?  I know Apple Pay / google can be problematic - we took it off. 

Message 53 of 94
Super Seller

I just placed an order - paid  £8.99 - it went through - i used auto saved card in key chain….. I wonder what they were doing .  I just placed an order for some eco deodorant - The sale went through easier than I thought it would.  A phone number would be helpful on your site. 

Online delivery is a little more complicated. I am sure there is a problem with google and Apple Pay registered addresses.  I’ll give you a review on the deodorant xxxxx 

Message 54 of 94

Hi Twiggy,

Thank you so much for testing the system and for your order 

It does seem to be an intermittent problem. I think it was when they clicked to continue checkout/pay that the address error problem came up.

What's so strange is that, for one customer, the next day it worked fine, and for the other customer, when I went through the process on her behalf the next day, it worked fine again too.

Good idea about the phone number too. It appears if you choose local pick-up, but I'll add it to my 'contact' page.

Thanks again.
Message 55 of 94
Super Seller

Yes. Same with us. If they have an address linked to Instagram - billing address different to delivery address listed on Apple Pay it can cause conflict. Hence we took Apple Pay and Google pay off.

Message 56 of 94

Is this thread still open? I'm having this very same problem and it's driving me crazy I'm lossing so much business. I'm actually considering shutting my site down. What can I do? 

Message 57 of 94
Admin

Hi @Jodiesmith, thanks for your message and I'm sorry to hear this is happening. 

From Tra's last update here our engineering team has made the manual address entry the default for shipping at checkout. This should prevent customers from getting error message about their addresses not being supported. 

We can look into this further from you, if you'd like to post a link to your site and DM me some of the addresses / post codes this is happening with, or else reach out to our customer support team directly, so we can try and get this resolved as soon as possible. 

Breffni
Message 58 of 94

Hi Alegra,

Both my customers entered their address manually but still got the error message. What is strange is that the first customer that reported the problem had successfully made an order the previous day with no problems. She had followed exactly the same procedure and entered the same address and postcode as the day before (or it might have auto loaded it as a remembered address, but she still got the same problem. She ended up telephoning me and I fulfilled the order off the site. her postcode is XXXX.

The other customer was in a completely different part of the country. XXXX. She couldn't get the system to accept her address so the next day, I tried for her from my office computer. I entered exactly the same address and postcode and it worked fine for me!

There is obviously some sort of glitch in the system so please get your engineers to sort it out asap.

Thanks. 

Note: We've edited this post to remove any personal information as this is a public forum. 

Message 59 of 94
Admin

Hey @starfishecoshop, thanks for the context. I can understand how frustrating that would be, can you please link your site here? Thanks

Breffni
Message 60 of 94

Hi Alegra,

My website is https://starfisheco.co.uk 

Thanks for looking into this.

Message 61 of 94
Super Seller

I just placed an order - paid  £8.99 - it went through - for some eco deodorant.  I used auto saved card in key chain…..entered CVV -  I wonder what they were doing - The sale went through easier than I thought it would.  A phone number would be helpful on your site. 

Online delivery is a little more complicated. I am sure there is a problem with google and Apple Pay registered addresses - their end. I’ve had problems with other sites trying to pay with Apple Pay - Even McDonalds App - I took them off my site a while back. 

I’ll give you a review on the deodorant xxxxx 

Message 62 of 94
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @starfishecoshop, thanks for your patience. 

I escalated this to our engineering team but they have confirmed nothing is amiss with your site and they were unable to reproduce the issue on our end, they put through a succesful order with one of the postcodes you provided. I also entered both postcodes over a few different days at checkout and didn't recieve any error messages. 

We would suggest ensuring customers are providing the correct details, checking for typos and have them double check there is no issues with their browers

If you do see this come up again, in order to invesigate further we would need more specific details such as confirmation the customer has troubleshooted their browser, the exact browser version they are using, the model device they are using and if possible either a screenshot or a video showing the error. 

Thank you. 

Breffni
Message 63 of 94