x

Two taxes in BC, GST and PST applied differently to different products

In British Columbia we have GST and PST which are applied differently to different products (books, clothing, school supplies)... none of our tax settings are connecting to Weebly/Square Online and I don't know how to setup two tax codes for one province.

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @addurie!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Setting up multiple (or two) tax codes for one province is currently a feature request that our Product Team is working on, but is not currently available. Sorry about that!

We'll be posting updates within the Community if we hear any developments regarding this feature. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @addurie!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Setting up multiple (or two) tax codes for one province is currently a feature request that our Product Team is working on, but is not currently available. Sorry about that!

We'll be posting updates within the Community if we hear any developments regarding this feature. 

Message 2 of 8

Has this been fixed yet? It's impossible to sell both product and services on a square website in BC with the correct taxes. 

Message 3 of 8

We need this setting, PST and GST tax. Please update info about this and setup this feature.

Message 4 of 8

I second this!! Makes it very difficult to set up my own store without this feature. Either I end up not collecting any tax, or collect too much tax for many items. For example, there are lots of taxable goods that are PST exempt.

Message 5 of 8
Beta Member

I second this also. Can they also fix this in invoices? as when taxes are included in product, it doesn't split up at the end resume of the invoice. It only splits up when the taxes are not included in the item price.

Message 6 of 8

Yes, this is needed by most vendors in BC I would expect. Is there a fix in the works? The original reply is from 2020....

Message 7 of 8

This lack of a feature is THE MAIN REASON I'm looking to switch to Shopify! How is anyone in BC doing this? IT's so frustrating!

Message 8 of 8