x
Beta Member

annoyed with new stock options and shipping always being whacky

Hi! Not sure where best to put this, but here we are.

I'm loving that stock is now taken from invoices, HOWEVER the "stock on hand" and "available to sell" are a little whacky. 

If I go to enter new inventory and select "inventory recount" as the option, I personally think that should OVER-RIDE all previous inventory. I'm running into a lot of situations where there is "negative" numbers and I enter 10 new ones in stock, and all of sudden it only shows 5 in stock. And I can't seem to fix it unless I add imaginary 5 more to stock, to make it actually 10. However then the minus's just continue and it really confuses stock.

I think if you do the stock action of "stock received" it should account for the minus' because that is obviously helpful.

However the inventory recount needs to properly reset the count. Because sometimes the count is wrong. And fudging the numbers to make it show correctly do not ultimately fix the problem. 

Also does anyone else struggle with shipping being VERY temperamental on working? I find if I don't enter it in the precise order of selecting the shipping, THEN putting the weight, then going back for the box size, it does not work if I do it in the actual listed order. It will not work half the time, and go wonky, not really sure why. Can square maybe look into these glitches with shipping further? 

thank you! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @arboristsupply - I'm sorry to hear that this frustrating issue with inventory has brought you to the Seller Community 😞

This does sound off, but it's difficult to pinpoint what may be happening without looking at your account with you. This question should be submitted to our Support Team via phone or email so the Online Store Support Team can take a look at your website and settings. We cannot access this over the Seller Community.

The best way to reach out is by phone because our team can look at your account with you and help you make adjustments in real-time. If you haven't already, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here 🙂

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

will do, thanks !

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

@arboristsupply Of course! Happy to point you in the right direction 🙂

Please do let me know if I can assist you with anything else!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4