x

client shipping address not accepted

I am receiving several Canadian clients complaints that my square site will not recognize their mailing address when they are placing an order for shipping.   they are primarily in the north eastern Quebec Region.   I am not shipping through Square, I am shipping outside of the system, so not sure why it won't allow them to enter the address manually without verification/acceptance. 

Is there a glitch in why some addresses are not accepted?  any advice I can pass along?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Mikmaqwoodenart Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community 👋

Square Online sites use Google to validate shipping addresses. Do you happen to know if the same address can be found on Google directly? 

They should also have the option to "enter manually" if the address is not found. Has anyone mentioned not being able to see this option below? 

Message 2 of 6

I am also having the same issue - a lot! All of my customers are in Canada and very often their addresses aren't allowed. Did you find the below fixed it?

Many thanks in advance.

Message 3 of 6

The solution offered by @BernadetteA should definitely help solving this issue. If this is not the case please let us know @barbhaz.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

Hello. I may also be having this issue for international addresses. 

Message 5 of 6

Hey @Zoddo, thank you for your post and welcome to the Seller Community. Sorry to hear you've encountered this issue!

Have you tried implementing Bernadette's suggestion above? If you have and it still doesn't work, could you give me a link to your website, please? I'll take a further look on my end. 

Thanks!

Message 6 of 6