x
Beta Member

delivering gifts

Most of our deliveries are gifts that the buyer sends to  a friend, client etc.

The problem is when the buyer clicks on the address button to enter the recipients address she is not prompted for a name!, only an address! We had to created a modifier reminding the buyer to give us the recipients name, because many forget.

Can we change that. It is very confusing in the check out but also with any  subsequent Notification emails etc .Right now the notification email lists the buyers name right above the recipients address! Super confusing!!!!!!!!!

Square always assumes that buyers ship to themselves which is not always the case.  This needs to be addressed as any business in the gift industry, flower shops, chocolate shops etc struggle with this setup.

chocolatemann_0-1713980984658.png

•  
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hello @chocolatemann,

Thanks for being a contributing member of the Community!

The field you provided in the screenshot above is mainly to confirm that the address is local and available for local delivery, which is why a name is not needed. However, adding a specific field for the recipient's name during checkout would indeed be a valuable feature request.

In the meantime, for gift local-delivery orders, buyers could enter the recipient's name under the contact field and their personal information under the billing address at checkout (Please see image below). 

However, I can see how this workaround might cause confusion for some users.

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 12.34.26 PM.png

Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

thanks, but in my 3 years with square not a single online customer has give us the recipients info in the Contact information box. They always enter their own. Which makes sense, they don't want the recipient be contacted about their gift. They just want them to receive it!

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

@chocolatemann Thank you for your feedback. I understand how this can be confusing for customers. Please don't forget to share this in our Ideate Room linked above. 

Message 4 of 4