x

Lost in translation

Iโ€™ve realised since setting up our online store through square that thereโ€™s some need to localise for different countries. 
its apparent that US terminology sometimes get Misunderstood or perceived incorrectly and this is leading to missed sales, hereโ€™s what I mean. 

Shipping? In the UK itโ€™s delivery

local delivery? In the UK itโ€™s local drop off. 

Whatโ€™s happening is that customers are clicking local delivery as they want it delivered to their door. They enter their postcode and it state โ€œsorry we donโ€™t delivery to youโ€.
Customers just back out of the order as they now believe that delivery is not available to them. 
This is because the word shipping has a different meaning in the UK, shipping refers mainly to large consignments usually on orders of commercial sizes. 

I would like to see more adapted localisations on ordering and checkout for the UK, options to choose 

DELIVERY

LOCAL DROP-OFF

STORE CLICK & COLLECT

these would be perfect for me 

anyone also got thoughts or ideas 

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Welcome to the Seller Community @CheekyChutney and thank you very much for sharing this detailed post about the localization needed for Square Online. I would encourage others to chime in here any time they see a term/setting name that doesn't look quite right. This feedback will help the Square Online team make improvements over time. 

If you haven't already, I also recommend subscribing to our Product Updates board - every month or so the Square Online team share release notes with news about new features/changes. To subscribe: make sure you're signed in to the Community > visit the Product Updates blog > click Subscribe to Product Updates in the top right. 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content