x

Lost in translation

I’ve realised since setting up our online store through square that there’s some need to localise for different countries. 
its apparent that US terminology sometimes get Misunderstood or perceived incorrectly and this is leading to missed sales, here’s what I mean. 

Shipping? In the UK it’s delivery

local delivery? In the UK it’s local drop off. 

What’s happening is that customers are clicking local delivery as they want it delivered to their door. They enter their postcode and it state “sorry we don’t delivery to you”.
Customers just back out of the order as they now believe that delivery is not available to them. 
This is because the word shipping has a different meaning in the UK, shipping refers mainly to large consignments usually on orders of commercial sizes. 

I would like to see more adapted localisations on ordering and checkout for the UK, options to choose 

DELIVERY

LOCAL DROP-OFF

STORE CLICK & COLLECT

these would be perfect for me 

anyone also got thoughts or ideas 

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Welcome to the Seller Community @CheekyChutney and thank you very much for sharing this detailed post about the localization needed for Square Online. I would encourage others to chime in here any time they see a term/setting name that doesn't look quite right. This feedback will help the Square Online team make improvements over time. 

If you haven't already, I also recommend subscribing to our Product Updates board - every month or so the Square Online team share release notes with news about new features/changes. To subscribe: make sure you're signed in to the Community > visit the Product Updates blog > click Subscribe to Product Updates in the top right. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content