x
Super Seller

Make all Items unavailable 2021

Back in March you could easily make all items unavailable.  We closed our store for 3 months and nothing showed on FB or Insta shop - however - all we seem to have is switch off shop - yet FB and Inst show items in store.  Although our items will still be available next year the £ will change drastically for plants as freight from EU to Uk is measured by size and weight - with only boxed cargo - euro pallet allowed without a covid test ( all perishables)  Is there a way to bulk edit all your store to unavailable @Kelly @JessRog 

Message 1 of 10
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Twiggy, thank you for your post! You should still be able to bulk edit all items on your store and mark them as unavailable. 

ink - 2020-12-29T155402.789.png

If you have switch off Accept online orders for the site, even if customers can see the items, they won't be able to place an order. 

Let me know if you run into any issue and I'll be happy to take a further look on my end!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Twiggy, thank you for your post! You should still be able to bulk edit all items on your store and mark them as unavailable. 

ink - 2020-12-29T155402.789.png

If you have switch off Accept online orders for the site, even if customers can see the items, they won't be able to place an order. 

Let me know if you run into any issue and I'll be happy to take a further look on my end!

Tra
Message 2 of 10
Super Seller

@tranguyen I'm getting very confused on what I can say on each platform - just a Thank you xxx Now made everything unavailable - Online Items - not weebly or square dashboard. 

I knew a live system would be hard as my friend created the Selfridges online store- Stock theft and mismanagement of stock delivery causes lots of problems.   Well done xxx

I would say that online - is the most dynamic - instant - cross platform for perishable goods / Calendar needs addressing

Retail is amazing if you do not produce anything yourself and only sell goods in goods out.

Your knowledge of interactive and UI choices is incredible. xxxx  JR I think is your brother xxx    You need a day off !!! Tell mastercard or whoever is running the Beta you need a break xxx

I'm back January 11th Brexit and tier 5 permittable - Thursday  xxx

Message 3 of 10
Super Seller

For anyone reading this -

You need a Mac and an iPad running latest software.

Online from square dashboard controls your whole catalogue

Weebly online is just that - categories or section edit items -  online store / not categories square dashboard.

however in edit website and editing items you can control stock easily

On iPad 

Retail / just lists items  

I hope this makes sense - I'm 2001 tables CS1 /2 Flash taught - Btec Graphic Design 1986 so what you see is what you get.  A computer screen only knows what you tell it.  A,  C/ input computer coder here.  

A computer reads category, item ,size, colour, price  - A consumer will purchase colour, price, item - Consumers see colour, top tip 1 xxxx

Computer - Tops/large/pink/£25  = sold out

Consumer - Pink/Top/Whatever/whatever/

Message 4 of 10
Super Seller

Message 5 of 10
Super Seller

rt

Message 6 of 10
Super Seller

rt

Message 7 of 10
Super Seller

Every item in our online store is hidden yet they all still show on the web site 

Message 8 of 10
Admin

Hey @Twiggy, thanks for letting me know! I had a quick look around and it looks like if the customer click into the Online Availability button, they won't be able to see or select any items. 

Screenshot 2021-01-04 at 12.39.58.png

However, if they click into any of the other pages, they'd still be able to see the items. This is because these pages have the direct links to the items. When an item is marked as hidden, customers won't be able to see it unless they have a link, which is what happened in this case.

For this, it might be better to mark the items as Unavailable rather than Hidden. Hopefully that will help!

Tra
Message 9 of 10
Super Seller

Yes unavailable has made everything not show on website - Don't know if facebook /insta shop has cleared. will check later - thanks again.

Message 10 of 10