x
Super Seller

Text Gifting

Just came across a nice feature request, Gift by text. On checkout, in the delivery section there was an option to Gift by Text. The customer can send only 1 product where they are required to provide the recipient’s name, mobile phone number, email address and gift message as well as your name and mobile number during the checkout process. Sellers standard delivery fees apply. The customer can choose a delivery time and date (similar to your e-gift cards). or orders placed for same day delivery, recipients can expect to receive their Gift By Text within 15 minutes of the order being placed.  For future delivery dates, the Gift By Text will be sent to the recipient shortly after midnight on the chosen day of delivery. 

The recipient will receive 2 text messages:

• The first text message gives details of the gift along with the sender’s name, sender’s mobile number and a gift message.  A unique link within the Gift By Text takes them to a personalised landing page on our website.
  • The second text contains a unique gift card number and PIN for use during the billing stage of checkout. 

Gift By Text to multiple recipients in the same transaction.  During checkout you will have the option to split the order depending on delivery preferences.

DM if you want the full details on this, I can send you a link over. Looks like something that would fit perfectly with Squares offering and the changing climate of retail and gifting!

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @phillipsrw, thank you for sharing this! This does sound like quite a nifty idea. Would you mind sending me a link, I'd love to find out more about this.

From the description, it seems like the receiver would be able to control when and where the delivery happen, is that right?

Tra
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content