x

Feature Request - Non-clickable page for Square Online

Feature Request - Non-clickable page for Square Online

The Weebly website help says that to create a non-clickable menu item (when you want only the sub-navigation links clickable) I should select "non-clickable menu" from the options presented when creating the page.  But the Square powered by Weebly version must be different because that option does not appear, at least not for me. Does anyone know how to achieve it?

12 Comments
Admin

Hey @Jubilee,

Thanks for reaching out!

I checked with the eCommerce team on this one and it does look like this feature isn't currently available via Square Online Store. I have passed your comments on as feedback / a feature request though.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help with this one, please let me know if you have any more question 🙂

Beta Member

Amazing how many of these simple features are responded to with "you're right,our team hasn't thought about including something like that"

Which begs the question ... exactly how much planning and real world testing did you go through before deploying such a limited product?

Beta Member

Any update on this?

Square Community Moderator

Hi @user12039123,

Thanks for checking in! 

I'm afraid we don't update on this feature yet. We'll be sure to tag you here to notify you about any news. 

Beta Member

Do I need to submit this somewhere else to make sure it is a feature request? This seems like a pretty straight forward ask. Thanks!

Admin

Hey @user12039123,

I moved this thread to our Feature Requests board so we can better track demand for the request moving forward.

You can read more about feature requests here - while we can never guarantee if or when a particular request may make it to our products, we use feature request threads to help let our product teams know what demand is like for a given feature, and to update sellers who have requested features if they make it to production.

Any update on this? This seems like a feature that is quite common and necessary.

Square Community Moderator

Hi @madebylocals,

I don't have any news to share regarding this feature request at this time, sorry.

We'll continue to advocate for this request with our Product Team, and should this change in future, we'll be sure to let everyone in this thread know.

We need this as a feature asap. Every other major website platform has this feature. It should be a simple fix. 

We just moved our website from Wix to Square and this is causing confusion to our customers. I believe it is due to the same missing feature that is described in this page. I am hoping that if the feature is not there, there may be a workaround. 

For our website, we have placed a menu on the main navigation bar called Online Orders (setup as Link to: Standard Page) and under that there is a drop down to select one of the four subpages, each setup as Link to: Category page.

The issue is that often customers instead of clicking on one of the subpages, they click the top page (Online Orders) and end up on a blank page. I have tried to patch it with a message that says to go back and select one of the pages from the drop down. This is at times not very clear, specially on a mobile device. 

Are there any recommendations or workarounds?

Thank you!