x

Background image on iPad for Square Stand

I noticed on the Square stand set up in another business that they had added a background image to the screen that the customer uses for input (when a chip card is inserted into the reader) I inquired at the shop but the owner wasnโ€™t around and the employee wasnโ€™t sure how it had been done. I am unable to find any reference to this in set up. 

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

I appreciate your confirming! Let's try these steps below:

To add an account logo and profile image from your online Square Dashboard:

1. Go to your Account & Settings tab, and click Locations on the left-side of the page.
  2. Select the location you would like to edit.
  3. Under Branding, upload a Logo or Point of Sale Checkout Background. The image you upload will initially be framed (200 x 200 pixels), but after uploading your framed logo, you will have the option to upload a full-width logo (1280 x 648 pixels).
  4. Under Digital, select Framed or Full-width depending on how youโ€™d like your logo to appear.
    Add your images, 
  5. Click Save.

If needed, refresh your browser to see your uploaded images. If you donโ€™t see your images, try uploading them in a different browser.

Once uploaded, youโ€™ll need to enable the checkout background in the Square app:

1. From the navigation bar at the bottom of your screen, tap More.
  2. Tap Settings in the navigation menu > Account > Business Information.
  3. Under Profile Image, toggle Show Photo in Checkout on.

If you have any questions, please reach back out!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @metaphorhome,

Welcome back to The Seller Community!

I want to clarify because you said Square Stand, but I am thinking you are referring to Square Register. Is this device you saw in the store? 

Thanks for confirming. 

Message 2 of 5

Hey! Thanks for reaching out. It was the Square Stand, classic white with an iPad. I did ask the owner finally and she said it was part of the initial set up she did -  and doesn't remember how she did it! In her case it featured a photograph of the inside of her coffee shop so was a nice background when turned to face the customer for them to use for PIN entry. Cheers!

Message 3 of 5

Best Answer

I appreciate your confirming! Let's try these steps below:

To add an account logo and profile image from your online Square Dashboard:

1. Go to your Account & Settings tab, and click Locations on the left-side of the page.
  2. Select the location you would like to edit.
  3. Under Branding, upload a Logo or Point of Sale Checkout Background. The image you upload will initially be framed (200 x 200 pixels), but after uploading your framed logo, you will have the option to upload a full-width logo (1280 x 648 pixels).
  4. Under Digital, select Framed or Full-width depending on how youโ€™d like your logo to appear.
    Add your images, 
  5. Click Save.

If needed, refresh your browser to see your uploaded images. If you donโ€™t see your images, try uploading them in a different browser.

Once uploaded, youโ€™ll need to enable the checkout background in the Square app:

1. From the navigation bar at the bottom of your screen, tap More.
  2. Tap Settings in the navigation menu > Account > Business Information.
  3. Under Profile Image, toggle Show Photo in Checkout on.

If you have any questions, please reach back out!

Message 4 of 5

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction!! We are now properly branded on our Square Stand!

Cheers,

Neil at metaphorhome

Message 5 of 5