x

Background image on iPad for Square Stand

I noticed on the Square stand set up in another business that they had added a background image to the screen that the customer uses for input (when a chip card is inserted into the reader) I inquired at the shop but the owner wasn’t around and the employee wasn’t sure how it had been done. I am unable to find any reference to this in set up. 

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

I appreciate your confirming! Let's try these steps below:

To add an account logo and profile image from your online Square Dashboard:

1. Go to your Account & Settings tab, and click Locations on the left-side of the page.
  2. Select the location you would like to edit.
  3. Under Branding, upload a Logo or Point of Sale Checkout Background. The image you upload will initially be framed (200 x 200 pixels), but after uploading your framed logo, you will have the option to upload a full-width logo (1280 x 648 pixels).
  4. Under Digital, select Framed or Full-width depending on how you’d like your logo to appear.
    Add your images, 
  5. Click Save.

If needed, refresh your browser to see your uploaded images. If you don’t see your images, try uploading them in a different browser.

Once uploaded, you’ll need to enable the checkout background in the Square app:

1. From the navigation bar at the bottom of your screen, tap More.
  2. Tap Settings in the navigation menu > Account > Business Information.
  3. Under Profile Image, toggle Show Photo in Checkout on.

If you have any questions, please reach back out!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @metaphorhome,

Welcome back to The Seller Community!

I want to clarify because you said Square Stand, but I am thinking you are referring to Square Register. Is this device you saw in the store? 

Thanks for confirming. 

Message 2 of 5

Hey! Thanks for reaching out. It was the Square Stand, classic white with an iPad. I did ask the owner finally and she said it was part of the initial set up she did -  and doesn't remember how she did it! In her case it featured a photograph of the inside of her coffee shop so was a nice background when turned to face the customer for them to use for PIN entry. Cheers!

Message 3 of 5

Best Answer

I appreciate your confirming! Let's try these steps below:

To add an account logo and profile image from your online Square Dashboard:

1. Go to your Account & Settings tab, and click Locations on the left-side of the page.
  2. Select the location you would like to edit.
  3. Under Branding, upload a Logo or Point of Sale Checkout Background. The image you upload will initially be framed (200 x 200 pixels), but after uploading your framed logo, you will have the option to upload a full-width logo (1280 x 648 pixels).
  4. Under Digital, select Framed or Full-width depending on how you’d like your logo to appear.
    Add your images, 
  5. Click Save.

If needed, refresh your browser to see your uploaded images. If you don’t see your images, try uploading them in a different browser.

Once uploaded, you’ll need to enable the checkout background in the Square app:

1. From the navigation bar at the bottom of your screen, tap More.
  2. Tap Settings in the navigation menu > Account > Business Information.
  3. Under Profile Image, toggle Show Photo in Checkout on.

If you have any questions, please reach back out!

Message 4 of 5

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction!! We are now properly branded on our Square Stand!

Cheers,

Neil at metaphorhome

Message 5 of 5