x

How does Instant profiles work in Square Terminal

Hello Team,

I am new to Square and now we have started using Square Terminal as customer facing payment system. Square PoS app is in iPad and its connected to Square Terminal where we take the payments. 

We have Customer instant profile enabled - and in our store many customer got served and they used credit cards for payment - but i dont have customer profile auto created for them. I thought with Instant profiles - Square will create a customer record for every transaction using card. 

Am i wrong in my understanding ? Do we have to manually create a customer record every time using Add New Customer button during checkout? 

Please clarify 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @catchgany and Welcome to the Seller Community

I agree that Instant Profiles are a bit confusing. Instant Profiles only record information provided by the bank at the time of checkout. However, it will not capture email, phone number, or any other information you wish to record from your customer. So if you wish to capture all customer information for your database, then yes, you will have to use the "Add New Customer" button at checkout. 

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2