x

POS transactions going to other staff memebers

Hello Community, 

I own a Salon and have a commission based compensation model for services performed by my staff. There has been issues when staff log in with their personal PIN and process a transaction only to have it randomly logged into other staff member's account. This happens on two occasions, the check out screen prior to payment and after the transaction is processed. I have called and talked to tech support and they just told me its a "bug" and to just reboot the Ipad or reinstall the Appointment App which did nothing. Does anyone have a fix to this issue?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Cavablaq - I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to firstly officially welcome you! 🎉👏

If you have already covered the standard troubleshooting steps, we'd need you to continue working with our Support Team to get this issue resolved. Unfortunately, we aren't able to see into your account or reports via the Seller Community to investigate how the sale was misattributed.

However, I'm happy to tag in some other Square Appointments users to see if they have any experience with this issue and can offer some suggestions: @TCSlaguna @PartyManiaMD @MudFire_Dex @HeroAir

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Square Champion

We stopped using the POS with the specific pin logins - not from a specific bug - but just because our staffers couldn't remember when sharing the register on shift. We use appointments a little differently now that we use Acuity for classes so I'm not sure I have a fix but most of the time we chalked up the errors to login/logout issues with staff. We also struggled with staff using appointments on their own devices and booking each other for classes prior to our use of Acuity to simplify. I'm sorry I can't be of more help. 

Deklan (Dex) they/them]

MudFire CEO | Square enthusiast

Visit me at MudFire online
Message 3 of 4

We are have been using the Appointment App for the POS since day 1. Unfortunately we are not looking at increasing our operating expenses as budget has been tight. Thanks for the suggestion though!  

Message 4 of 4