x
Admin

Introduce Yourself: Post Your Autobiography ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ“–

Hey Square Readers!

Thank you so much for joining our Square Readers Book Club!

Donโ€™t forget to click Join Group at the top of our Book Club Group Hub.

I would love to learn more about you all, so here's a space to introduce yourselves and to meet some fellow Readers. 

Pesso_0-1679921653298.gif

So tell us a bit about yourself here in the comments. 

Tell us:

• Your name & location
  • Your business name (and website)
  • What you're hoping to learn and gain from Book Club
  • Your favorite book (business or fun)
  • A picture or two of you or your business

And of course feel free to reply to each othersโ€™ intros, especially those nearby or in the same industry as you.

Looking forward to meeting you all, and reading with you,

Pesso

๏œ๏ธ Aylon Pesso, he/him
Small Business Evangelist, Square

Join the Square Readers Book Club
Message 1 of 98
97 REPLIES 97

Subject: Excited to Join the Book Club!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Bryan Jones, and I'm joining the Book Club from Apple Valley, CA. I operate the New Life Facility, which you can check out at newlifefacility.com. I am committed to being a lifelong learner and look forward to exploring a wide range of topics with all of you.

My favorite business read is "Rejection Proof" by Jia Jiang, which offers fascinating insights into overcoming fear of rejection. For fun, I enjoy the "Witcher" seriesโ€”its rich storytelling always captivates me.

I'm excited to learn from and contribute to our discussions!

Best, Bryan Jones

Message 85 of 98

a242c55e-cd5d-4f81-9e77-ac1fd956cb77.jpeg

Message 86 of 98
Seller Community Mentor

Welcome!  Tell us what you do at New Life Facility!

Co-Owner/Office Manager
Arctic Heat
Boulder, MT
Message 87 of 98

Thank you for asking:

New Life Facility is a non-profit agency that offers courses for Anger Management, Batterer's Intervention Program and Parenting Skills. Many of our participants take these classes for personal development and enrichment too. Additionally, many businesses utilize these educational courses as an employee service. A more general overview we help people discover their passion in life and correct and past mistakes to help them reach those passions.

When you attend the courses we offer, our teachers recognize that this may be a new situation for you and that getting the best experience is important. Our staff works to actively listen to your requests and to keep our commitment to your needs. Our customer service is important to us and we demonstrate that by explaining everything we can about your next steps, and contributing our continued guidance and service so that you never make the same mistake again.

Our advisors have a high level of experience with the service being provided as well as delivering that education with a positive attitude. We understand your situation might be unique which is why we try to provide accurate responses that fit your specific situation. Our family counselor staff are judgement-free, positive, and welcoming.

New Life Facility services the high desert areas such as Victorville, Apple Valley, Hesperia, Helendale, Phelan, Adelanto, and Barstow. We believe in being a part of the community that helps to build a better life for individuals and families.

Message 88 of 98
Seller Community Mentor

This is so fantastic!  We live in Montana and such services are so slim.  These things are so very hard to find in our state.  It also doesn't make it easy that our state is so spread out and that we only have one large city.  All but that one, are licensed as cities but really functions as towns.  The highest average population of a major town in MT is only 65k.  We must travel for almost all services and shopping.  We have so few people in MT available to provide services like this and if we do have them, they would literally be hours away.  What you have is so important to the community and I hope your communities realize how lucky they are to have you.

Co-Owner/Office Manager
Arctic Heat
Boulder, MT
Message 89 of 98
Admin

Welcome, @KaosXtecH ! So great to have you here and thanks for sharing!

That sounds like such a great business-

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on our next book!

Message 90 of 98

Hello all! 

My Gissel I Disla. I'm a licensed esthetician in the state of New York where I also have my beauty business. The name of my business is Sunstone Beauty Bar. I offer a wide array of services, my niche being sensitive skin in ethnic skin. Some of my most requested services are Sugar hair removal, which is safer and gentler than other methods & I also offer multiple facials my favorite is 'The Hydrate & Plump Facial".  I have been in business for 2 years, This being the year where I'm seeing so much growth and planning on expanding by hiring employees. 

I am hoping that from this book club I connect with other entrepreneurs and learn the in & outs of business. I hope that I can share with you all my experiences as a business owner & I can't wait for our discussions. 

My favorite book (I love them all honestly) is 'Sapiens" by Yuval Noah Harari 

My favorite business book is "Profits first" by Mike Michalowicz

Message 91 of 98
Admin

Hey, welcome fellow New Yorker, @Gissel_Ivette ! Thanks for joining and sharing-

So great to hear that you're settling into the business and feeling the growth in so many ways. 

You're definitely at the right place for the connections and learnings and sharing! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on our next book-

We just finished reading Profit First, so feel free to read through our discussion posts and jump in to share your own thoughts! 

Message 92 of 98

Hey Hey Everyone!

My name is Briana Schrodt. I'm the owner of Random's Coffee in Belton, Missouri (just South of the Greater KCMO area).

I've never joined a book club before but I'm interested in learning all that I can from the business and entrepreneurship communities. This is my first brick & mortar, and everything is going great for only having been open for 10 months now.

My favorite business-y book is The Lean Startup by Eric Ries.

My favorite fun book is The Amber Series by Roger Zelazny.

My current go-to tv shows are Good Omens and Schitt's Creek.

Me - Fall of 2023Me - Fall of 2023Front of shop - Spring of 2024Front of shop - Spring of 2024

Message 93 of 98
Admin

Hey @BrianaJo -- thanks so much for joining and sharing!

Your shop looks so great and cozy -- congrats on opening and making it this far! So glad to hear that everything is going smoothly so far. Don't forget to check out all of the books we've read in the last year.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the next book!

Message 94 of 98

Hey I'm Antonio Fuentes I'm from Sioux City Iowa. I own and operate a pressure washing company called so fresh and so clean Sanitary Services LLC. I'm hoping to gain more knowledge and insight on creating a successful business. Got to go with the OG classic Goosebumps lol

Message 95 of 98
Admin

Thanks for joining us and thanks for sharing, @TonyTone712 ! So great to have you here!

Ah I love it! I was never into the scary genre books, but so many of my friends loved them!

Message 96 of 98

Iโ€™m Kimyatta, owner of Manchester Design group MDGATLANTA.COM. Seeking to be apart of a group to learn more about business growth. My favorite book Business Boutique by Kristy Wright. 

kimyatta-web-5.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Message 97 of 98
Admin

Welcome to the group, and thanks for sharing @Ipromise ! So excited to have you here! 

Ooh I haven't heard of that book, I'll have to look into it and add to the list -- thank you!

Message 98 of 98