x
Admin

Introducing: A New Way to File Feature Requests

Hello Seller Community! 👋

I’m excited to share a new change in the Community to the feature request experience, which is now called Ideate. Aside from bringing this space visually in sync with the rest of the Community, it also includes some functional differences. We hope these changes will make sharing and tracking feature requests easier for those providing feedback ( our Square sellers) and those receiving it (our Product teams).

What is a feature request? A feature request is your opportunity to share improvements you'd like to see on Square! Read more about how the Seller Community helps drive Feature Requests here.

What’s coming?

Now, when you click Ideate to submit a feature request, you can choose which product your request is for, and search the existing requests for this product. For feature requests or feedback related to the Seller Community, start a new thread in the General Discussions board.

Screenshot 2022-07-13 at 13.03.22.png

If you find your feature request idea, click on the request title, hit the LIKE button and reply to the thread with your use case. Use case information helps us understand your business needs and identify any gaps we have not been aware of. 

If you don’t find your idea, you can submit a new one. Please make sure to include:

• Request details
  • Product/feature use case - how would you use this feature at your business?
  • Screenshots or videos if applicable (make sure to hide any private business information!)

I have submitted a feature request previously — what will happen to it?

In the coming days, our Community Managers and Moderators will be reviewing existing feature requests to make sure they are moved to the correct Product board, so you will not lose any existing feature request. 

Happy exploring!

Tra
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 6
Report Inappropriate Content
5 REPLIES 5

There needs to be an additional section to address account suggestions and issues - i.e. Change of name, change of registered company, transfer of account. 

Message 2 of 6
Super Seller

The idea labels field doesn’t auto-fill or suggest labels when posting, simply throws an error saying those labels I used don’t exist.

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Thanks for flagging @artizansty. I was able to replicate the error. I'm going to raise this with the Community team now. 

I'll let you know what they come back to me with. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 4 of 6

As mentioned please add an “Account” section to the ideas options.

A few threads in there on what can and can’t be done - differentiated between USA and UK - would be useful for many 🙂

Thanks

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Apologies that we missed your original message @Gembrain

And yes, I agree. We are very aware of the importance of being able to change account ownership / personal details and it is something that's being trialled in Square in the US at the moment, so hopefully, we'll have some updates on it over here soon. 

For the moment I'd suggest adding these requests to the Square Point of Sale app board. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 6 of 6