x
Admin

[New] Committed Inventory for Invoices

Hello Square Sellers!

We’re excited to announce that you can now commit inventory to buyers when creating an invoice. With this update, stock held in an open invoice is marked as committed and removed from the available to sell count to help reduce the risk of accidental overselling. 

This will help you in situations where you may need to invoice a buyer for particular items and want to make sure that inventory isn’t sold to anyone else before the buyer pays. For example, an invoiced item will no longer be available on your Square Online store since it has been committed to another buyer already. Nonetheless, you will still be able to add overcommitted stock to an invoice if you wish to do so. 

What do I need to do to use this feature?

That’s it! Any items added to an open invoice will now be marked as committed.

This update is available to all sellers who use Invoices and are currently tracking stock of their items. Learn more about these updates and how to manage inventory in our Support Centre

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all sellers who helped test this feature.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 8
Report Inappropriate Content
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

Totally useless to me in my line but wow! Can see how this is gonna make life so much easier for retail 👍🏻

Pizza Is Chill

Message 2 of 8
Super Seller

Extremely useful in our business, essential even. Thank you.

Alex Jessey
Message 3 of 8
Super Seller

Hello @tranguyen 

What is the impact of inventory on Estimates? Is it, in the same way as Invoices, committed inventory? It should be, as that estimate is a commitment, until it expires, to honour delivering on its content.

Also, I don't see any guidance on this new feature in the link provided: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6142-track-your-square-inventory Has it been written?

Thanks 

Alex Jessey
Message 4 of 8
Admin

Hi @amjessey - that's a good question. I would imagine this is only applicable to sent Invoices, rather than estimates but I'm taking a look into it now and will get back to you soon. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 5 of 8
Admin

Update @amjessey - I found some conversations internally indicating that it does not apply to estimates currently, but this doesn't seem to be documented in our resources. 

I've reached out to the product team who released this feature to see if they can provide any insight here and to check if it's something we'll implement later. From there I can request the content be updated to include this information. 

I'm not sure if I'll have an update this week given the time but I'll you know as soon as I hear back. 

Breffni
Message 6 of 8

Good evening,

does this work with products in open orders aswell, rather than invoices? We’ve found the only way to make it adjust stock before the order is collected / delivered is to mark it as paid (even if it isn’t) 

thanks 

Message 7 of 8
Admin

Hi @Dannyhester57, thanks for your post. 

This feature is only available for Invoices at the moment. 

I can confirm that stock will not be deducted for normal sales or orders until the payment has been made. 

Breffni
Message 8 of 8