x
Admin

[New] Square eGift Cards in Apple Wallet

Redeeming eGift cards just became even easier for you and your customers! Now when customers purchase digital eGift Cards from your business, they'll have the option to add their eGift card to their Apple Wallet. 

eGift cards held in a customer's Apple Wallet are quick to redeem from your point of sale with scannable QR codes. They also help keep your business top of mind for your customers to bring them back to spend their balance. Customers will also be less likely to misplace their eGift cards or lose them in their inbox.  

To get started, make sure that you enable your customers to add eGift Cards to their Apple Wallet.

To allow customers to add their gift cards to their Apple Wallet:

1. Go to Gift Cards in your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Under the Settings tab, check the box next to Enable Apple Wallet integration
  3. Click Save.

Once the integration is turned on, the next time your customer receives an eGift card from your business they will receive the option to add it to their Apple Wallet from their eGift Card email. 

To redeem an eGift Card from your customer's Apple Wallet:

1. Add items to your cart or enter a custom amount.
  2. Tap Charge > Gift Cards.
  3. Ask your customer to pull up their eGift Card in their Apple Wallet from their mobile device.
  4. Looking at the eGift Card on your customer's mobile device, use your device's front-facing camera to scan the QR code.

OR if you do not have a front facing camera or scanner on your point of sale device, you can manually type in the 14-digit gift card number > tap Charge to complete the payment flow.

To learn more about Square eGift Cards, visit our Support Centre

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 13
Report Inappropriate Content
12 REPLIES 12
Super Seller

This is great news!

If you’ve got 2d hardware scanners will these also work for the Apple wallet scanning? 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 2 of 13
Admin

@Sam_400º - yes, this should work with your 2d scanner! 

The product team also listed this thread as a helpful resource on which scanners other sellers have found to work best for scanning phone screens. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 3 of 13
Super Seller

Ace, thanks @Breffni 💕

Pizza Is Chill

Message 4 of 13
Admin

Hi @Sam_400º! Good question, it looks like should work with the app or any scanner but I'll check with the team and let you know. 

Breffni
Message 5 of 13
Beta Member

Finally! Can’t tell you how many customers I’ve had loose gift cards in their emails

Message 6 of 13
Admin

Amazing, glad to hear your business will benefit from this update @thecoffeecup! 🙂 

Breffni
Message 7 of 13
Beta Member

Please don’t get rid of it this time! I believe it was a feature a while back but unsure why it was taken away

Message 8 of 13
Admin

This should be here to stay @thecoffeecup - if anything changes I'll let you know. 

Breffni
Message 9 of 13
Beta Member

Thanks I appreciate it I’m looking forward to the wallet passes for loyalty in the uk!

Message 10 of 13
Super Seller

Also GDPR stops u searching in reports (this might have changed) after 12months ….. you have to physically go through all the sales/ transactions if purchased over a year ago…. So this will really help with non email gifting

Message 11 of 13
Admin

Super - glad to hear this will be useful for you @Twiggy 🙂 

Breffni
Message 12 of 13
Super Seller

All set up 

Message 13 of 13