x
Square

[New] Square launches Tap to Pay on iPhone for UK sellers

ph220118E_ProfServContractor_6358_05_RD_SIMP_0001_GBEN.png

With Tap to Pay on iPhone, Square makes it even easier for UK businesses to get started and create new ways to sell

Square today launched Tap to Pay on iPhone across the UK, making it the third market globally where Square will offer the technology to its sellers. Available within the Square Point of Sale, Square for Retail, and Square Appointments iOS apps, Tap to Pay on iPhone lets sellers of all sizes accept contactless payments directly from their iPhone, with no additional hardware required and at no additional cost.

Through Tap to Pay on iPhone, Square is making it easier for both new sellers and established businesses to conduct in-person commerce. Any Square merchant with a compatible iPhone can accept contactless payments by simply opening the Square POS, Square for Retail, or Square Appointments app, making a sale, and presenting their iPhone to the buyer. The buyer completes the payment by tapping a contactless payment method such as a contactless credit or debit card, Apple Pay, or other digital wallet, directly onto the seller’s iPhone. Tap to Pay on iPhone also supports PIN entry, which includes accessibility options.

Tap to Pay on iPhone uses the built-in features of iPhone to keep the business’ and customers’ data private and secure. When a payment is processed, Apple doesn’t store card numbers on the device or on Apple servers.

“I’m excited to be using the new Tap to Pay on iPhone as it means I can take payments and manage orders from the one thing I’ve always got with me”, said Sam Corban, Owner of 400 Degrees Pizzeria, one of the first businesses in the UK to try the new product. “With no extra hardware needed, using the individual team member login feature with profiles means that staff can now use their own devices to safely take orders and payments with the technology they’re most familiar with. We’ve been serving faster, keeping customers happy!”

Powered by Square’s elegant, intuitive software, Tap to Pay on iPhone gives sellers a flexible, mobile solution that can adapt to any environment while meeting evolving consumer preferences for contactless payments. Together with Apple’s contactless payment technology, Square’s software creates a smooth, straightforward checkout experience that provides shoppers with all the information needed to help them complete their purchase with confidence.

Tap to Pay on iPhone is already proving to be a valuable part of Square’s ecosystem, after becoming available to its millions of sellers in the US late last year. Since launching, sellers of all types and size have found new value in the ability to seamlessly and securely conduct business with no additional hardware:

• Mobile professionals like tradespeople and caterers gained the ability to securely accept contactless payments onsite at their project location;
  • Retailers found new efficiency through line busting and the convenience of helping shoppers complete their purchase wherever they are in store;
  • Hairstylists and beauty professionals benefited from the speed and ease of enabling customers to pay for their services right from their chair.

“With Tap to Pay on iPhone, we are further leveling the playing field for businesses of all sizes to be able to start, run and grow”, said Samina Hussain-Letch, Executive Director of Square in the UK. “The British business landscape is competitive and tech savvy, always on the lookout for solutions that can make operating their business more efficient. Tap To Pay on iPhone helps reduce some of the barriers to entry for new businesses, and enables existing sellers to create new ways to sell with nothing more than their iPhone and Square’s software. They can get set up in minutes and begin making sales in seconds.”

Square sellers and new merchants can begin using Tap to Pay on iPhone today, on an iPhone XS or later running iOS 16.4 or higher, by downloading the Square POS, Square for Retail, or Square Appointments app on compatible devices. For more information, please visit squareup.com/gb/en/payments/tap-to-pay.

Message 1 of 5
Report Inappropriate Content
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

@MelissaC44 Corban not Corbin.... I'll let you off though. 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 2 of 5
Admin

😁 I have fixed this now - thanks for flagging and, thank you again for all of your testing and feedback on this one @Sam_400º  - excited that it's finally live! 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

It's freaking awesome! 

Having to actively hide my phone so I use other stuff too 🤣

Pizza Is Chill

Message 4 of 5

Brilliant addition to help us to help our customers, so handy - thank you!

Message 5 of 5