x

Any tips on driving traffic to a new website?

**Sorry if this isn't the right board, wasn't sure which for this question**

Does anyone have any tips for driving traffic to a new website? I've tried google ads, small ads on Facebook, Instagram and Pintrest. My SEO is pretty good but could be better. Pages are coming up in google searches. Site has been live for 3 months. Some traffic, but only 1 sale.

I sell Apple Watch replacement band sets. Lots on the market but mine are unique in that I sell 3 band sets with matching case. I've sold on other sites very successfully for a year and a half. This should be good if I can just get traffic going to site.

Message 1 of 42
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Click funnels can help you drive traffic to your site. Then using Fb ads and to get your funnel seen. Find a competitor in your market like someone offering something comparable or another wearable device and use facebook ad library to see what they are using to convert as creative and copy. Funnel hacking is a super popular way of learning whats working in your market. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
Beta Member

I don't have any tips I thought your site was visually aesthetic, easy to navigate and shop with great reviews! Great job! I would definitely purchase from your site. I would say do facebook ads  ppl will buy!

Message 22 of 42

Thank you @KatesPlace

Message 23 of 42
Beta Member

Sadly, we are not allowed to advertise on social media 

Message 24 of 42

BLOCKED BY

This is what pops up when I try to access your site, you either have a problem, or your are phishing. 

Dangerous Webpage Blocked
You attempted to access:
This is a known dangerous webpage. It is highly recommended that you do NOT visit this page.

Visit

to learn more about phishing and internet security.
View Full Report
Message 25 of 42

Thank you.  But I don't see how or why these companies these days charge soooooo much $$$$$$.  Who has this?  Especially in these times.

Message 26 of 42

how do i jump my new online business.  Just started my new business still trying to get my feet wet.  Just any pointers that i should do for customers and attractions to my site.  Grammies by Kayjay-Designs.com.  Any advise on what i can do to improve my site any positive feedback would be great!

Thanks

Karen 

Message 27 of 42

Hello!

I'm new to square with my small business. Square is a one-stop-shop-for me and I have a lot to learn as we transition to an online business. So, excited!!

Message 28 of 42
Square Community Moderator

hi there, @Shellz1965 - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community. Welcome! Happy to have you join us here. 

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding driving traffic and sales to their website. Take a look at some of the answers here, including this Best Answer, for ideas on next steps.

Feel free to shoot us a reply if you have any specific questions!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 29 of 42

Any info on how to grow my online business is welcome. My husband and I started selling mattresses online and pretty soon we will be receiving our DBA license.

Message 30 of 42

Hey everyone! I am new here and I just created my square shop and connected it to my Etsy shop. I just wanted to know some key tips on how to get sales to come through your shop. I hope everyone is doing well and I hope someone answers this. 

Fatimah Mingo
Message 31 of 42

Hey @TheBeautystands and welcome to the Community!

Congrats on your new shop!

I moved your post to an existing thread with some really great conversation on getting more sales to your online site that should be helpful.

Ashley C
Message 32 of 42

Due to COVID-19 I had to take my Hypnotherapy practice online. However, I haven't had any luck getting clients. I have a website and facebook but how do I get noticed online? Thank you

Message 33 of 42
Beta Member

A very cost effective easy way that will also drive up your SEO and map search results is to geo-tag photos and upload them to your website, Yelp page, FB page and Google my Business page.  Costs $15/ month.   Website is  -> https://tool.geoimgr.com

Message 34 of 42

Many thanks to everyone! I've gotten lots of great feedback here!

Message 35 of 42

Make certain that you 'pound the hell' out of Social Media....Instagram and Facebook.  Never show pricing, even when requested.  Simply drop the link to your Home Page in the reply message bar...that will drive them to your website.  Once there, they will see ALL your product and everything improves..

Message 36 of 42

Thanks for your reply.

Over time I've stuggled with whether to include my price or not.

Can you give me your input as to why to not share it.

People want to know what to pay...

Message 37 of 42
Super Seller Alumni

I decided in April, 2020 to take a stab at Pinterest.  Here's what I like about it.  It has become my number one source for visitors to my e-commerce website.  Pinterest doesn't encourage you to discount your product.  Pinterest doesn't charge a monthly fee.  You don't have to do ads if you don't want to.  Every item posted gets some level of "looks."  I will end up co-listing every item in my e-commerce site to a linked posting on Pinterest.  I am only partway there at this point.

I've spent the past five years online, and participating in Art, Craft, and Vintage Market events in Ohio, Michigan, and Indiana.  We will travel anywhere within 2 hours or so of our home, (prior to the end of this year's 1st Quarter,) we would sell at 50+ events per year.  This gave us a rich, regional following.  Pinterest gives us a national following!  I have elected to advertise, usually less than $100 per month, and have good results, currently 187k monthly viewers.  If this translates into an incremental increase in holiday season shopping I will be ecstatic.  By the way, I wouldn't mind seeing Square buying Pinterest.  Better Square than Facebook.

Happy hunting, Brian

Message 38 of 42

How can I get people to come to my website? I am a new business owner so I do not have previous customers

Message 39 of 42

Hi there, @Tbizone0526 👋Welcome here to the Seller Community!

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for informative tips on how to drive traffic and sales to their Online Store. Take a look at some of their best answers here - lots of good ideas!

Let us know if anything else comes up.

Joe
Message 40 of 42

Message 41 of 42

Hey there, @bollinl711LB 

I have moved your post to a thread where other sellers have asked this question and provided some insight on building your customer base. 

Thank you!

Kassi
Message 42 of 42