x

Location specific categories/items

We have two locations with two menus. One location is purely grab and go and the other is grab and go but also offers ala carte options.

When creating items you can select the location it is sold from, so that it obviously reflects correctly in that locations POS, however - when it comes to the QR Square site for pre-order you can select which location you would like to pick up from but I can find no way to include location specific categories/items. For instance "Burgers" show as available at either location when that's not the case.

Any help will be appreciated as we'll be adding a third location in the future and would like to have the kinks ironed out.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey @FelixGMMXXI,

Thanks for writing in! I noticed it's your first post, welcome to our community 👋 

Sorry to hear about the frustrating experience here. You should be able to set up QR codes for each location, and also specify where which items are available. I'd love to dig in a bit deeper into how you've set up your QR codes, and order settings, but unfortunately this isn't something we can do via this public forum. Here's some things to check out:

1. In your Square Online Dashboard, head to Fulfillment > Pick up & Delivery > Click on Edit next either one of your locations. 

2. Click on Site Visibility from the menu on the left. 

3. From here you'd be able to select which site a customer can purchase items from. From my testing, this would mean that only items from site a, for instance, would be available on website a, and vice versa. 

If you're still having trouble with site items being in the wrong spot, please reach out to our support team who can take a closer look at these settings alongside you, and file an engineering ticket if necessary. Please give us a call on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm AEDT) when you have a chance. 

Message 2 of 2