x

Modifiers not applying items in POS

I have a weird problem where the modifier set that I have applied to an item doesn't appear after I select the item on the POS. I have to edit the item after its been added to the bill and then the modifier set appears.  It there any way I can make the modifier screen appear directly after I select the item? or is this a bug? Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @An_drew, thanks for reaching out!

This does sound like a bug, though it's also possible it has something to do with the setup or checkout flow.

I'd be getting in touch with support to follow up further. If they can confirm it's a bug they'll be able to file a report so our engineering team can take a better look / potentially fix the issue!

You call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time) or email via this form.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

I have had the same issue.

Click on an item to open Edit Item screen

Go to Point of Sale Behavior section at the bottom. You will find it enabled. Switch it off (disable). 

Then the modifiers will auto appear when add an item to a bill.

Note to square tech team:

This switch should be in disabled position in my view. It creates a usability issue. If there is a modifier, the expectation is for the modifiers to auto appear.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for sharing this workaround, and feedback @kwiz117! I see what you mean and will pass this along to the team. 

Message 4 of 4