x

Setting prices for a new menu

HI. 
Here's my scenario. 
My cafe runs open until Saturday evening. 
No one works on Sunday. 
On Monday morning we launch a new menu with new pricing

Question: 

Is there a way to update prices & menu's with a future time for them to update? 
Or is the only way to do this before opening, to get up early and work through it before opening?

The only way I can see to do the work before is to duplicate the items with new prices, make new menus then delete/archive the old items.  

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @simon_lyttelton, 👋 thanks for your post. 

We don't have an automated function that would facilitate what you are looking to do, unfortunately. 

You would need to continue with the manual process. Rather than having duplicate items, you could update the prices in bulk via the item export and import tool.  You would edit all of the prices in a CSV file. Let me know if you have looked at this before. This may speed the process up. If you have any questions about using the tool, just let me know. 

We’re always working to improve Square for Restaurants features based on the feedback we receive from our customers, so I’ll be sure to pass your idea on to our Product team.

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @simon_lyttelton, 👋 thanks for your post. 

We don't have an automated function that would facilitate what you are looking to do, unfortunately. 

You would need to continue with the manual process. Rather than having duplicate items, you could update the prices in bulk via the item export and import tool.  You would edit all of the prices in a CSV file. Let me know if you have looked at this before. This may speed the process up. If you have any questions about using the tool, just let me know. 

We’re always working to improve Square for Restaurants features based on the feedback we receive from our customers, so I’ll be sure to pass your idea on to our Product team.

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 2 of 3

Hi @Breffni 

Thanks for this advice. 
I have used this in the past. Jus thought that an automated "update the price on this date" facility would be good. 

Thank you for passing the feature request on. 

Message 3 of 3