x
Beta Member

Widgets

I had an email today telling me all about widgets on the restaurants POS. Great, but how do I access them? Thought it might be better if I deleted the device and set up a new one...exactly the same as before..and yes, I set it up as a restaurant! The app even updated itself today, but still no sign of widgets.

This link tells all about it, apart from how to get them to show on the screen...

https://squareup.com/help/gb/en/article/6913-square-for-restaurants-on-square-register

It also goes on about this...but I never ever see this menu structure on my POS...anywhere! 

"If this is your first time using the Square Register and youโ€™ve already set it up, make sure to check for an update by tapping Utilities > Settings > General > About Register > Software Update."

I have Log Out, Account, Actions, Transactions, Orders, New Sale as available buttons at the bottom of my screen. 

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @TCV1, thanks for sharing this.

The launchpad is only available for Square for Restaurants on the Square Register

I double checked and this feature should be fully rolled out to all sellers now. Could you please send a screenshot of the options you can see on your Register and the current software version that it's on so I can take a further look into this for you. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Thanks. Didnโ€™t realise it was the Square Register, I have Square Stand which is probably why it doesnโ€™t work!

Message 3 of 4
Admin

The Widget is not available with Square Stand now but if you are interested in using this we will definitely share this feedback with the appropriate Product Team.

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ
Message 4 of 4